About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1310 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Francis Parker School seeks a qualified Health Technician to provide direct supervision, oversight, and appropriate health care during the upcoming summer program and the 2021-2022 school year. This position requires a summer commitment of (6/21/2021 – 8/3/2021, 8 am-4 pm) then transitioning to the 2021-2022 school year (8 am-4:30 pm).
- Support and assist students with illness and injuries
- Provide appropriate documentation of student illnesses and injuries
- Serve as the on-site health and wellness primary point of contact
- Communicate with the Registered Nurse (as needed), Summer Camp Director and/or Direct School Supervisor
- Uphold, model and enforce Summer Program policies and procedures
- Maintain high safety and personal presentation standards
- Follow Parker’s policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and assorted emergencies
- Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently seeking a degree) in nursing or related health field (desired)
- A background working with lower, middle, and high school students is preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification required
Salary and Benefits:
For the summer (6/21/21 - 8/20/21), scheduled hours are: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm. Hourly rate of pay is $16.50. Not eligible for benefits.
For the 2021-2022 school year (starting on 8/23/21), scheduled hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. Hourly rate of pay is $16.50. Benefits eligible.
A cover letter, resume, and completed application should be submitted electronically to:
Maggie West, School Nurse
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Name: Katharine Wardle
Title: Assistant Head of School for Finance and Operations
Office Address: A114, Francis Parker School, 6501 Linda Vista St., San Diego, CA 92111
Telephone Number: 858 / 775-0430
Email Address: email@example.com
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.