SAY is currently looking for full-time Prevention Specialist to join our Alcohol, and Other Drug Prevention team!
The Prevention Specialist will work closely with SAY’s Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention Senior Manager and all other partners in the North Central Region. The Prevention Specialist is responsible for the development and ongoing support prevention efforts of the North City Prevention Coalition (NCPC) and participation in countywide workgroup system. The Prevention Specialist will work for social change in a systematic, deliberate and democratic way by taking responsibility for the institutions that affect their lives. This position is funded by the San Diego County Alcohol and Drug Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the community in understanding and interpreting alcohol and other drug trends, to include but not limited to connections to neighborhood crime
• Provide outreach, AOD prevention and education to community groups, collaboratives, and schools in North Central Region
• Work collaboratively to identify trends in substance abuse, how trends are connected to other public and mental health issues
• Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with participating agencies and other community groups to support the countywide workgroup system for these initiatives: Binge and Underage Drinking Initiative, Marijuana Prevention Initiative, Meth Strick Force, and Prescription Drug Task Force
• Participate in the development and implementation of city, county and state legislative efforts related to AOD policies
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Psychology, Public Health, Education, Social Work, Business or related field
• Minimum 2 years of relevant leadership experience in providing prevention services in a community setting
• Experience working with City Government and at-risk youth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of alcohol and other drug issues, environmental prevention and community development
• Respect for diverse cultures and demonstrated effectiveness working within a collaborative environment
• Comfortable and skilled in public speaking and giving presentations
• Have access to reliable transportation and willing to use it for job related tasks
**Position is full-time, 40 hours per week and non-exempt.
***Pay is $20.00 per hour.
How To Apply:
Visit http://bit.ly/SAYcareers which is our SAY Career Center to create a profile and submit your application online.
Please apply to Requisition ID# 1289. (NO PHONE CALLS AND EMAILED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)