The Family Partner provides direct care to identified parents and caregivers in a community or home setting. Family Partners may also provide direct care to youth or young adults. The primary role of the Parent/Family Partner is to provide one-on-one support and mentorship to parents and caregivers, and/or participants or other family members, by sharing experience and expertise in navigating systems and programs (e.g., Regional Center, Children and Family Services, Special Education Systems, Juvenile Justice Systems, Placement Services, Behavioral Health Care Services, or Residential Centers). The Partner works collaboratively with the parent, caregiver, or participant and other appropriate community and treatment team members to provide the best therapeutic care possible. Along with the rest of the team, the Partner is active in supporting and implementing an individualized, evidence-based, culturally competent, family-centered approach.
1. Family Partner: Experience advocating, preferably as the family member, for someone who has received mental health or other services. Parent Partner: Experience as a parent who has received services for a special needs child.
2. Possess good communication skills, including active listening.
3. High School Diploma or GED required.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize de-escalation techniques that align with the trauma informed care model as part of intervention strategy for working with participants in crisis who are responding to triggers/stressors and/or demonstrating early indicators of distress.
5. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse families and communities.
6. Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and/or competency with electronic clinical documentation systems.
7. Current CA Driver’s License with a clean driving record or ability to obtain one within 10 days after hire.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
9. Ability to work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary mental health team.
10. Must have access to dependable transportation and personal car insurance, meeting minimum liability coverage required for position if driving for work or transporting participants.