About the Ed Ladder:
The ED Ladder (TEL) is a 501c3 non-profit organization formed by educators in 2013 to assist under-served learners, i.e., those students who proverbially "fall through the cracks," through supplemental academic instruction and mentoring on study and life skills. A ladder enables us to get to a place we otherwise would be unable to reach. The ED Ladder gets into those very cracks and reinforces students’ capabilities so they can climb out themselves.
We partner with various school districts, private and charter schools, and other non-profit organizations to work with students who need supplemental academic support due to their life circumstances. These could be: they are English Language Learners, have special needs, are in foster care or are recently adopted, are experiencing homelessness, are victims of domestic violence, are involved in the juvenile justice system, or whose parents are experiencing addiction or are incarcerated.
The Academic Coach:
• Will provide in-person academic support to 6th to 12th graders (one to six students per session) on core Mathematics subjects (pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry), American and World Literature, essay writing, and/or completion of graduation e-portfolio.
• Locations are in resource centers all over San Diego County, from Eastlake to Oceanside.
• Will work part time six hours per day (9am-3pm), Monday to Thursday with students in groups of six or fewer.
• Must commit to completing the program, once assignment is accepted. The contract is from September 7, 2021-May 6, 2022.
• $22-$25/hour depending on qualifications and experience. Paid sick leave of one hour after every 30 hours accrued is included in this position.
• Must have teaching/tutoring/coaching experience in all the aforementioned subject areas.
• Must be upbeat, engaging, patient, and able to motivate learners.
• Must be willing to be vaccinated or sign a health waiver for Covid-19, and willing to work in person.
• Must have experience using videoconferencing platforms like Zoom, and have a comfort with navigating online educational resources.
• Must be able to pass a live scan background check as a requirement for employment.
• Must document all work performed into a database as a requirement for payment.
• Must have a high school diploma and at least 90-96 accumulated undergraduate credits.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Teaching credential in related field: English, Social Studies, Math, or multiple subject credential
• Life experience similar to student population
E-mail cover letter and resume detailing teaching/tutoring/coaching experience