Who we are: Kitchens for Good (KFG) believes that all food has power and all people have potential. KFG is a 501(c)(3), social enterprise that breaks the cycles of food waste, hunger, and poverty through innovate solutions in workforce training, healthy food production, and food enterprises.
Position Summary: The Accounting Associate will be responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient performance of their duties in accordance with established accounting and internal control policies, processes, and procedures. The position is responsible for typical general accounting duties including, but not limited to:
- Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Bill Payment and Accounts Payable
- Prepare weekly Accounts Payable report
- Recording and reconciliation of credit card transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with month-end and year-end closeout
- Handle confidential and sensitive information
- File and maintain accounting records (physical and digital)
- Timely and accurate preparation of invoices to clients and funding sources in compliance with their requirements
- Recording of these invoices in the accounting software, maintenance of accounts receivables aging, and follow-up with funding sources on delinquent payments
- Recording of approved vendor bills in the accounting software, ensuring that the bills are recorded accurately to the correct accounts and programs. Pay bills in accordance with established expense payment procedures
- Support audits by funding agencies and independent CPA firm
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with the established internal control environment and the requirements of the funding sources
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Experience with financial management software.
- Sound analytical skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Basic understand of accounting principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business highly desired or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in accounting or office administration
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position non-exempt position scheduled at 40 hours a week. The position is eligible for the organizations hybrid work policy, which would allow the individual to work from home and the office
Employee will be expected to travel to as needed, to additional KFG locations, and overnight travel may be required. Employee must have driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to work across multiple sites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
KFG is an equal opportunity employer. KFG does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.