Position Description: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Director of Operations & Program Development
General Purpose: The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently. Have good communication skills, a positive attitude and always greet visitors with a smile. Being detail oriented and having good time management is critical. The Admin provides a wide variety of administrative support related to finances, fundraising and the overall day to day operations of the organization. Also acts as the first point of contact with donors, volunteers and the general public.
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Experience in Raisers Edge NXT a must
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft office
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes all donations including in-kind, cash, credit cards, electronic funds transfers and third parties such as Combined Federal Campaign, etc. Determines appeal, fund and project codes for donations and inputs information to RE7 data base, posts to the General Ledger and prints related reports. Prints and mails donor receipt letters. Prepares bank deposits for Executive Director.
- Creates and maintains accurate donor records, appeal codes and funds in RE7. Creates and runs queries as needed.
- Completes annual registration and campaign packages for Global Impact. Completes state registrations and campaign forms according to due dates. Acts as Global Impact liaison.
- Assists with annual Gifts of Hope gala, including researching internet, magazines, etc. for potential auction donors. Prepares and mails donation request letters, tracks responses and makes follow-up calls as needed. Maintains donation data base, sends hand written thank you notes and insures receipt of each donation. Receives and records RSVP’s and prepares master guest list. Prepares, mails and follows up on complementary tickets, including major sponsors. Transports auction items and helps with room displays and set up. Purchases food and beverages for volunteers, transports and sets up volunteer break room. Directs a team of volunteers responsible for functions such as greeting, packaging, clean up. Assists with tear down, pack up and loading of vehicles after the event. Processes cash, credit card and in-kind donations and mails receipts. Investigates and resolves discrepancies and follows up on non-payments.
- Answers incoming calls and provides assistance to donors, volunteers and the general public. Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Orders and maintains inventory of stationary and office, kitchen, restroom, mailing and postage meter supplies. Researches and recommends equipment replacements as needed. Maintains office equipment and renews service contracts (cleaning people). Maintains postage accounts.
- Attends Board of Directors meetings, records minutes and prepares final written document.
Salary: $24-$26 per hour plus benefits.
Director of Operations & Program Development
4560 Alvarado Canyon Road, Suite 1H
San Diego, CA 92120