Do you have a passion for working for an organization who teaches Pre-K children in an Administrative Support role? After this last year, would you like to come to work for a Montessori School and know you are in a role that makes an impact? The Carmel Valley Montessori School (CVMS) of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito is looking for a reliable, organized, efficient, positive-minded Administrative Assistant to join our amazing team.
The Administrative Assistant, an in-person "full-time with comprehensive benefits" role, is responsible for the administrative support across the school and provides regular administrative and clerical support to the CVMS Director. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for maintaining school records, providing quality customer service, supporting school operations, and helps to maintain a positive experience for staff, students, and parents/guardians.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT BOTH A COVER LETTER AND A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED. ADDITIONALLY, SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF AN ON-SITE COMPUTER-SKILLS TEST AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO A JOB OFFER.
1. Answers phone calls, providing general information, referring callers to appropriate staff, or taking messages, as necessary.
2. Utilize the designated registration system (EZ Facility) to help manage registrations, billing, and reporting effectively and accurately.
3. Supports the writing and distribution of school related parent/guardian communications.
4. Helps to ensure accurate inventories of all school equipment. Follows policies to support new equipment procurement at the direction of the CVMS Director (purchases and/or donations).
5. Supports the scheduling of substitute teachers and effectively manages communications between substitute teachers and the CVMS Director including email and shared calendars.
6. Partners with school personnel in reviewing timecards and assists in processing employee timesheets.
7. Place office and program supply orders and maintain a clean, safe, and fully stocked supply cabinet.
8. Organize and maintain accurate school records as required by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Childcare Licensing agency.
9. Perform other administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
Program Support, Safety and Experience Duties
1. Help to maintain staff and student safety and security by following procedures and controlling facility access.
2. Act as a ‘Floater’ to support teacher breaks and supervise the conduct and safety of students.
3. Work with the BGC Marketing and Development department to support increased visibility of CVMS via social media and marketing materials. May be asked to coordinate and post content to BGC social media platforms on behalf of BGC and CVMS.
4. Support CVMS website edits and content creation.
5. Develop and distribute announcements of upcoming events.
6. Positively represent BGC San Dieguito and Carmel Valley Montessori School in all interactions with staff and public.
7. Help create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive childhood development outcomes.
8. Support teachers with the student drop-off and pick-up procedures and process.
9. Solicit, organize and coordinate parent volunteer groups to support school functions.
Program Evaluation and Reporting Duties
1. Collaborate with the CVMS Director to establish annual operational goals.
2. Run and prepare student demographic data reports from the registration system.
3. Develop guidelines and processes to support accuracy and efficiency in processes; youth attendance, participation in events, registration procedures; incident reporting; feedback from parents; monthly scholarship tracking and annual reporting.
4. Direct and inform the development of reports to illustrate outputs, outcomes and stories of impact.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Combination of education and related experience is applicable.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role required. Prior school, teacher, or non-profit experience preferred.
· Must be able to pass a computer-skills test
· All candidates must successfully pass a Criminal Background check and Drug screening before hire.
· Must have or be able to obtain a valid CA driver’s license and insurable driving record.
· Must have or be available to obtain CPR and First Aid certification (will provide training).
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate effectively with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in interactions with coworkers, supervisors, and the public; in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and detail-oriented with the ability to work unsupervised and to be a self-motivated problem-solver.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and schedule a calendar of events.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated a keen understanding of the organization’s philosophy, mission and goals.
- Understand and uphold organizational policies and procedures.
- A strong desire and ability to assist in recruitment, training, supervision, and motivation of staff
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills (MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
To apply, please send both a COVER LETTER AND RESUME to email@example.com, telling us why you are interested in this position and why you will be successful.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
This is an in-person role, and we follow the appropriate COVID-19 protocols set by both CalOSHA and California Department of Public Health.