Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Pay Rate: $17-$18 DOE
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
We are looking to add an administrative assistant to our team! This role is extremely important within the agency, as you are the first person to greet our clients and guests, the last to send them on their way, and the voice they get to know over the phone. You must love people and value great customer service to be in this position. You also must be great at multitasking, as often times you will find yourself juggling multiple things at once. Applicants must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have a professional appearance and attitude.
- Properly check guests/clients in and out in a welcoming manner
- Proficiently answer/reroute phone calls and emails as appropriate
- Maintain a clean and organized lobby
- Receive and sort mail
- Greet and direct vendors/deliveries
- Assist other programs as needed and as time allows
- Interact effectively and courteously with all levels of management and staff
- Perform other similar duties or projects as assigned and requested
- Process receipts for monthly expenses into papersave
- Process reimbursement requests for various contracts
- Assist in regular file audits
- Assist as needed with outreach services for walk-in clients.
- Assist in drafting documents and letters as needed.
- Assist in regular mailing of program documents as needed.
Skills/Abilities that are a MUST-HAVE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Intermediate computer knowledge using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, responsible and have a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle multiple phone calls, be able to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Work cohesively with others in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable enforcing the agency’s policies and procedures
- Is accountable for the responsibilities of the position; accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner
- Ability to work independently, sometimes with limited supervision
- Reliable transportation to arrive at work on-time
- Able to maintain HIPPA compliant confidentiality and discretion with regard to sensitive personal information of organization, guests, and clients
- Treat others with respect; show sensitivity to and respect for cultural differences; support diverse workforce and help ensure a workplace and community free from unlawful discrimination and harassment
Skills/Abilities that are a PLUS:
- Excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Remain organized and focused under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Calmly and effectively manage conflict, including high stress and/or emotional situations
- Possess a general understanding of laws applicable to conduct the organization’s business
- Speak two or more languages fluently
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.