Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
- Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
- Empathy- Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
- Empowerment- Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
This position monitors the quality and impact of data that is housed in various systems and shares results with various stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under limited direction of the Asset Manager, this role will assist in the financial and regulatory oversight of a portfolio of LIHTC properties.
- A primary responsibility of this role will be managing compliance ensuring timely submission of reports and periodic inspections to verify policies and procedures are effective for ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Additionally, as directed by the Asset Manager this role will be assigned a wide variety of tasks from analyzing individual property’s profit and loss statements, reviewing special project proposals, compiling property needs lists, overseeing the compliance and paperwork functions of new managers and/or temp staff as necessary.
- The Assistant Asset Manager will be the primary resource for property specific restrictions, knowing what documents govern each property and where to find specific restrictions.
- This position will require extreme organizational skills along with the ability to work a flexible schedule or from any of the portfolio of properties. This role will need to be familiar with all aspects of tax Credit and Affordable housing, along with a solid understanding of profit and loss statements.
- Monitor and assess current projects for compliance. Evaluate all business activities relating to compliance. Audit processes and procedures.
- Suggest objectives and goals for each property. Produce reports on assigned goals monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- General knowledge of LIHTC and Affordable Housing Properties and Programs.
- Intermediate to advanced ability in MS applications, primarily excel, word and any task management application
- Experience with construction project bidding process and contractor/vendor management. Familiarity with typical instruction contract documents.
- Bachelors degree in a related experience preferred with 2 years of work experience in a similar role (assistant asset manager or similar). 4 years related work experience will substitute for Bachelors degree.
- Experience in the field of Financial Analyses, TCAC, Compliance and Property Management
Work is normally performed in a typical inside environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
Work will require the ability to independently travel to various sites, be mobile to navigate ladders, stairs and uneven terrain, adequately communicate in person, over phone and via email, and sit/stand at a desk for entire work days with typical repetitive motions of working in an office environment for an entire work shift.