Full Time (40 hours per week Sunday- Thursday, nights and holidays as needed)
Do you have an exceptional business sense and a love of animals? Do you have a desire to lead and train employees? Come join our team in our Education department at the world renowned Helen Woodward Animal Center!
There is nothing traditional about the work we do here! As the Assistant Manager of Education you will have the opportunity to interact with animals and people every day at work! You serve a valuable role for Helen Woodward in that you are responsible for conceptualizing, advertising, budgeting, and facilitating the communication of our educational programs.
This role is an ideal position for an individual with a background in business management or marketing and a genuine interest and motivation to grow revenue and adhere to sound business practices. The Assistant Manager of Education opportunity will provide exposure to impactful decision-making for the operations of HWAC daily.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Manager of Business Operations- Education is responsible for analyzing business trends and consistently devising efficiencies and outreach incentives to exceed departmental goals.
You will be expected, with the assistance of the Education Manager, to develop and maximize a strategic plan including marketing efforts, annual budget and monthly profit and loss data for the HWAC Education entity. You will analyze the business continuously and respond to deficits quickly with a work plan to make up budget deficits while providing daily management direction.
As a part of this role you will be required to collaborate regularly with our Social, PR, and Development departments to design and post content affiliated with our Educational programs such as camps, birthday parties and hosted events, school activities and more.
This role does include managerial responsibilities of all program staff and as such expectations include but are not limited to: training, evaluation of performance, team morale, mentoring and coaching, and above all promoting an accepting and productive environment. A sense of teamwork is essential to success in this role. This individual should be willing and able to instruct classes, preform on-site tours, visit to locations around the community to present and market The Center and interact with customers at any time with an energetic and professional spirit.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or minimum 4 years of experience managing a budget and marketing programs
- 2 or more years of experience in managing teams, ideally a staff of 15-20 part/full-time employees
- Experience devising and implementing new programs/policies or effective practices
- An eye for efficiency
- Demonstrated experience in handling personnel concerns with urgency and professionalism
- Reliable team player committed to building positive relationships and adapting to several roles and tasks when needed
- General comfort and experience handling, restraining, carrying, and working around cats and dogs.
- Consistent record of attendance and punctuality
- Solutions/results oriented and passionate about meeting individual and team goals
- This position does require moderate physical activity including lifting up to 40 lbs. unassisted. This individual will be working in close proximity to animals, therefore allergens and dander is present at all times.
- Occasional driving duties may be required in this role. Applicants must possess a valid Driver's License and provide a recent DMV Driving Record report and proof of insurance upon hire
In the role of the Assistant Manager of Education you will represent the Helen Woodward Animal Center by actively working with members of our community. As a member of our team we ask that you adhere to all policies and procedures of the Center and are respectful to patrons, coworkers and animals at all times. Our mission: People help animals and animals help people is met by your participation in teamwork, communication, and respect each day you report to work.
Helen Woodward Animal Center is a Smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in any HWAC building or vehicle.
HWAC is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to promoting an inclusive environment for all of our employees and prospecting candidates.
For consideration please apply at: https://animalcenter.applicantpro.com/jobs/1756395.html