$2,500 Retention Bonus! This position is eligible for a retention bonus ($1,250 paid at six months and $1,250 paid at one year of employment!)
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1979 in direct response to rising rates of hunger and homelessness in North San Diego County, Interfaith Community Services works to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by Helping People Help Themselves. Interfaith is the most comprehensive social services agency in North County, providing both immediate safety net services and long-term, life-changing programs designed to meet the holistic needs of people in crisis. Together, in partnership with 250+ diverse faith communities, more than 650 recurrent volunteers, and a growing staff of over 200, Interfaith provides a safe haven and pathway towards self-sufficiency for more than 17,000 community members annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: This position will be responsible for the provision of short term crisis intervention, and counseling for clients and families experiencing homelessness, clients with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and clients at risk of SMI; supervision of interns; attendance and support of case conferencing and ensuring that clients with ongoing treatment needs are successfully connected with appropriate community-based treatment programs.
• Provides direct services to homeless clients and families, which include: intake, assessment, and counseling as well as client advocacy with the goal of supporting self-sufficiency
• Facilitates acceptance of placement or other services that support and stabilize individuals moving from street to service
• Recruits, screens, places and supervises interns who will provide short term counseling services at multiple Interfaith service locations
• Works with the agency’s treatment team of behavioral health providers, provides/organizes clinical in-service staff trainings to ensure best practice and consistency across programs
• Supports treatment team meetings for clinical and/or paraprofessional staff to ensure compliance, best practice and offer clinical supervision for staff working with difficult clients
• Provides direct services to clients including short term counseling, crisis intervention, and linkage with longer term services
• Participates, when appropriate, in case conferences for clients receiving counseling services
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with mental health providers to ensure that clients with ongoing treatment needs are successfully transferred to longer term services
• Maintains accurate records and files and prepares reports as required by funders and agency administration
• Enters data into Clarity and/or other electronic data systems as required by funders and Interfaith
• Monitors compliance with grant and contract requirements. Makes recommendations to Supervisor regarding any program changes needed to meet grant benchmarks
• Ensures the confidentiality of client information and health records
• Meets regularly with Supervisor and participates in agency meetings and staff trainings
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
This position will be responsible for supervising interns within the department and programs. S/he provides daily supervision of tasks as well as direction and leadership to the team. S/he is responsible for making hiring and firing decisions, reviewing/approving time records for academic credit, and conducting evaluations and identifying and promoting professional development opportunities. Must be able to supervise interns/associates registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
• Must be currently registered with the State of California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
• 3+ years of experience in social services or counseling related background required
By joining our team, you'll work with amazing people serving those in-need of a hand-up in our community. Benefits include:
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off - Three weeks to start!
Paid Holidays - 13 scheduled
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Bereavement Leave
Work Anniversary Bonus
Healthy Rewards Program
Life Assistance Plan
Financial Assistance Program
Flexible Work Schedules
Business Casual Work Environment
Professional Growth and Career Development Opportunities
Interfaith is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, nationality, sex, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Interfaith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.