We are looking to hire a dynamic and passionate Clinician who is client centered, community focused and is a self-starter.
Come be part of a team who CAR2Es! At North County Lifeline, you will find people who are Connected to the communities we serve, Authentic, and Resourceful. We are Responsive to the needs of our clients and Engaged in our mission to build self-reliance among youth, adults, and families.
The Program Manager will be working from Lifeline’s San Diego location. The position will oversee Lifeline’s new mental health program for homeless and displaced youth. The program serves youth who are living in non-permanent settings. They may be living in shelters or on the street, or they may be living in temporary settings such as a friend’s house. Services are community-based and may take place at Lifeline’s clinic, at the child’s school, or any other community setting. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Program Manager assures that all services provided to clients and families are being implemented through a client driven wellness and recovery model that is strength based, culturally relevant, trauma informed, consumer driven and outcome based. Program Manager is responsible for managing the daily clinical activities of the program. Program Manager provides clinical and administrative oversight on intake and assignment, eligibility screening, assessment, individual and family therapy, crisis intervention, psychiatric evaluations, medication monitoring, rehabilitation, case management services, utilization management and quality assurance. Oversees, coordinates, develops, and evaluates the programs overall effectiveness to ensure its consistency with the agency’s purpose, approach, policies and procedures, compliance with contractual requirements and overall “best practices” utilizing evidenced based practices as the preferred teaching modality.
Minimum Qualification/ Requirements
MA degree in social work, counseling, or psychology. Must be licensed for a minimum of 2 years by California Board of Behavioral Sciences (LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC). Strong background in direct services. Management experience preferred but not required. Must possess management skills. Experience working with homeless and displaced youth is a plus. Must possess the ability to make sound clinical decisions independently. Must be willing to provide individual and group clinical supervision. Must be able to apply clinical judgment, ethics and accountability to formulate best practices in quality of care. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledgeable of child development issues, at-risk youth issues, special education knowledge and have experience with evidenced based practices. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy and approach.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Compensation and Benefits
- Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
- Assures that the agency consistently provides high quality, professional counseling and psychotherapy services, maintains appropriate documentation, stays current on research and developments in the field, and disseminates “best practice” information to the clinical staff as appropriate.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision to behavioral health trainees, interns, and licensed staff, including orientation, individual, family, and group supervision and evaluation of performance.
- Conducts outreach and engagement activities in settings where homeless and displaced youth interact, including behavioral health, educational and medical settings. Outreach activities are to increase awareness of the program and services, to create and maintain a consistent stream of referrals.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring, training and scheduling of program staff, including clinicians, peer support partners and administrative support staff.
- Designs and supervises mental health treatment interventions and is able to effectively develop and implement appropriate assessment and intervention methods for use in unfamiliar situations and for a range of cases.
- Ensures quality assurance through direct monitoring of clinicians, client satisfaction surveys, chart review, peer review and related activities to insure quality of services.
- Responsible for contract compliance, reporting, goals and objectives, quality assurance system, charting, billing and documentation.
- Engages in component and program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Responsible for the training and compliance with legal and ethical standards, including but not limited to HIPAA, informed consent and child abuse reporting.
- Contributes and/or develops client-sensitive policies and procedures supporting the delivery of programs and services.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, coordinates or provides substance abuse and mental health services training, and other related staff development activities.
- Assures coordination and collaboration among all programs and services, and provides support to an integrated approach to client services.
- Participates in and facilitates agency and component meetings. Attends required meetings and training as appropriate.
- Stays informed of and disseminates to staff information related to the legal and ethical issues involved in the counseling and psychiatric field.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
Fulltime Exempt position - exempt 40 hours
some evenings and weekends