The Bilingual Case Manager connects critically ill individuals with medically tailored meals. This role is responsible for working directly with clients to gather diagnosis documentation and complete referral forms to begin service. This role also conducts assessments to determine program eligibility, enrollment in other services and tracks client goals.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of Mama’s Kitchen; possess a collaborative spirit and enjoy an open work setting; and incorporate the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
- Conduct telephone screening with potential new clients to determine eligibility, gather diagnosis and enrollment documentation and complete medically tailored referral form
- Conducts phone intake to enroll new clients into medically tailored meal program
- Completes recertification paperwork to keep clients enrolled in program depending on their medical status.
- Manages linkages and relationships with clients and community resources to provide information about external resources
- Collaborates with client service team, nutrition team and operations regarding client concerns
- Provide diagnosis specific resource information and periodic check-in with clients
- Advocates for client’s experience regarding delivery concerns and program development
- Provides referrals and information about internal and external program enrollment
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of medical records, evaluation and goals
- Attends case manager meeting to strengthen relationships with external agencies
- Honor agency policies and procedures
Other Duties: As assigned by Senior Director of Strategy
- Active LCSW license in the state of California
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in social services or health care setting preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in multi-person and multi-activity office space
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
At Mama’s Kitchen, we envision a community where all individuals with critical illnesses are no longer vulnerable to malnutrition.
Mama’s Kitchen believes that everyone is entitled to the basic necessity of life – nutritious food. Our services improve the health and well-being of individuals and families vulnerable to malnutrition due to critical illness.
Mama’s Kitchen Core Values
Dignity and Respect: Focus on the individual is at the heart of everything we do at Mama’s Kitchen. Mama’s Kitchen fosters a community where mutual respect and dignity are preserved by promoting humanity, compassion and empathy towards our clients, donors, volunteers and staff.
Reliability: Mama’s Kitchen is resourceful, efficient, and flexible. Our clients tell us that reliability is what sets Mama’s apart from other organizations.
Integrity: Guided by honesty, loyalty and a commitment to confidentiality, Mama’s Kitchen is responsive to the needs of all our clients, volunteers, donors and staff. We pride ourselves in doing what we say we are going to do.
Diversity: Mama’s Kitchen is an all-inclusive family. We foster a welcoming environment and embrace all members of the community without judgment.
Team Work: Mutual effort and unity are the ingredients that allow our mission to succeed.
Mama’s Kitchen has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.