Position Description: The Bilingual Registered Dietitian will initiate the planning and approval of all meal plans. The Bilingual RD will communicate the importance of proper nutrition to individuals with critical illnesses. The RD will be responsible for evaluating individual client’s nutritional status, developing treatment plans and providing nutritional education. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of Mama’s Kitchen; possess a collaborative spirit and enjoy an open work setting; and incorporate the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
- Meet directly with clients to identify educational needs; provide individual instruction, utilize informational handouts/booklets, or refer to community resources as needed
- Review and ensure the home-delivered menu follows the recommendations of the American Dietetic Association
- Provide nutritional assessment during client intake process
- Evaluate recipes and nutrition information provided to clients of the Pantry and the Emergency Food Assistance program
- Provide medical nutrition therapy and/or nutritional counseling to clients
- Build a therapeutic relationship with the clients
- Keep and update clients files
- Provide nutritional input to the Executive Chef during the meal planning process
- Advocate to ensure adequate resources are available for clients to meet their daily nutritional needs
- Be an advocate of the mission of Mama’s Kitchen
- Employ good communication skills and diplomacy in interfacing with clients, staff, board members, volunteers and donors
- Maintain Registered Dietitian accreditation
- Attend staff meetings and Operations Department meetings
- Undertake other duties as needed
- Honor agency policies and procedures
Other Duties: As assigned by Director of Nutrition Services
- A bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition or related field
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Proven ability to function in a multi-tasking environment
- Very comfortable with technology, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possession of a friendly and professional demeanor
- Valid California driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three years
- Able to work in multi-person and multi-activity office space
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
At Mama’s Kitchen, we envision a community where all individuals with critical illnesses are no longer vulnerable to malnutrition.
Mama’s Kitchen believes that everyone is entitled to the basic necessity of life – nutritious food. Our services improve the health and well-being of individuals and families vulnerable to malnutrition due to critical illness.
Mama’s Kitchen Core Values
Dignity and Respect: Focus on the individual is at the heart of everything we do at Mama’s Kitchen. Mama’s Kitchen fosters a community where mutual respect and dignity are preserved by promoting humanity, compassion and empathy towards our clients, donors, volunteers and staff.
Reliability: Mama’s Kitchen is resourceful, efficient, and flexible. Our clients tell us that reliability is what sets Mama’s apart from other organizations.
Integrity: Guided by honesty, loyalty and a commitment to confidentiality, Mama’s Kitchen is responsive to the needs of all our clients, volunteers, donors and staff. We pride ourselves in doing what we say we are going to do.
Diversity: Mama’s Kitchen is an all-inclusive family. We foster a welcoming environment and embrace all members of the community without judgment.
Team Work: Mutual effort and unity are the ingredients that allow our mission to succeed.
Mama’s Kitchen has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please send Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org