Bookkeeper/Office Administrator Job Description
San Diego Cooperative Preschool is a unique cooperative community whose mission is to provide the highest quality of care, while creating a nurturing and supportive community of children, parents, and highly skilled staff. Through a play-based program that attends to the whole child, we seek to enrich every child’s experience, and to empower children to joyfully develop at their own rate. Through the cooperative partnership of parents and staff, we provide a model community that will sustain and enrich our children throughout their lives. Our Board of Directors comprised of parent volunteers are the governing body of preschool and are responsible for oversight and successful management of our non-profit organization.
The Bookkeeper/Office Administrator of San Diego Cooperative Preschool (SDCP) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the office ensuring efficient and effective implementation of duties as listed below. The Bookkeeper/Office Administrator will work under the direction of the Executive Director to ensure the needs of the staff and parents are met in a timely manner. This job is ¾ time or a minimum of 30 hrs/week up to 35hrs/week to include benefits: paid vacation for school breaks, paid time-off, and health and dental insurance. Retirement Benefits are available after one -year of work.
COMPENSATION AND WORKING HOURS
This non-exempt position pays $25/hour. Days of work are Monday-Friday. A flexible schedule may include both in-person and remote work hours. Some evening or weekend work may be required for special events, staff and Board meetings. Anticipated start date is February 1, 2022 or earlier.
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position to be performed with minimal supervision.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions using Quickbooks Online
- Familiarity with GAAP and experience with adjusting journal entries and preparation of monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Work with outside CPA to ensure timely filing of Federal and state tax forms
- Process income, expenses, bank deposits and communication with vendors and customers to troubleshoot problems
- Work with Executive Director and Finance Committee to help prepare annual budget
- Process timecards, bi-weekly payroll, and timely filing of W2s and 1099s.
- Manage benefits for employees: health, retirement, dental, disability insurance
- Process unemployment claims, wage garnishments, and other employment related paperwork.
- Ensure organization meets all filing and other government/regulatory agency deadlines of City, County, State, and Federal entities.
- Assist with preparing documents for Board meetings, trainings, and other meetings
- Assist Director with annual enrollment, wait list registration and maintenance of student files
- Create monthly snack calendar, purchase of snack supplies, and snack prep and cleanup
- Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc.
- Assist Director with any IT issues including Google Workspace and emails, computer backups, and online software applications used by the preschool
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies
- Keep the office clean and tidy – organize supplies, file paperwork, recyclables, etc.
- Manage the office to ensure mindful communication both internally and externally and maintain professional image to all community stakeholders: staff, teachers, parents, and family members
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assist the Executive Director, Board, and staff with miscellaneous projects and events as requested
- Bookkeeping and/or Accounting coursework, certificate or work experience required
- Proficient in QuickBooks online, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workspace
- 2+ years of work experience in administration; non-profit experience a plus
- Background checks through Live Scan are required prior to employment with the Preschool
SDCP is an equal employment opportunity employer