Box Truck Driver
Reports to: Office Manager
Summary: The Driver is responsible for safely driving a 14-foot box truck to various local stores and the CRC warehouse. The daily route requires the timely pick-up and delivery of food to the CRC Food Pantry. This part-time driver may work independently or may work with another CRC employee or volunteer, and will perform other duties when not driving. The normal schedule is three to five days per week Monday through Friday; however, the driver must be available to support an evening or weekend event.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete all scheduled pickups in a timely manner and deliver to appropriate location
- Communicate regularly with approved vendors and notify CRC Management of issues or changes
- Adapt to vendor and/or route changes, as necessary
- Adhere to applicable safety rules and regulations
- Prepare daily logs and vehicle inspection sheets, as directed
- Assist with evening and weekend special events, as requested
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Office Manager or Fresh Rescue Program Manager, when not driving
- A minimum of one year truck driving experience, 14-foot or larger
- Must possess and maintain a current California Driver License
- Must operate the truck in accordance with California Department of Motor Vehicles Driver Handbook
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use a keyboard, mouse and computer for email, timekeeping and navigation of company SharePoint
- Frequent movement/motion of both upper and lower extremities, including, but not limited to: reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, climbing, bending, kneeling or crouching
- Heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
This position is part-time, non-exempt and is paid according to federal and state laws. The work schedule is three to five days per week, 7:30am to 12:30pm, with schedule flexibility needed on occasion to begin at 7:00am and extend until 1:30pm. Candidates selected for hire are required to undergo a review of their California driving record and a LiveScan background screening.
Community Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All employees must have the legal right to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available, nor is relocation assistance.