Nile Sisters Development Initiative (NSDI), a California 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is seeking a part-time Branding Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Branding Specialist will have the responsibility of overseeing organizational branding, programs marketing, growth marketing, content marketing, partner marketing, and social media marketing for NSDI programs in various locations, vocational training school, as well other initiatives and fundraising programs as assigned.
B. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (Below functions are not exhaustive and may be altered by Leadership to the extent it aligns with the position.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to and uphold the mission of NSDI.
- Responsible for NSDI branding and producing digital and printed content, including but not limited to web content, electronic bulk newsletter, other digital and traditional advertisements, and presentations for all programs.
- Identify branding for new program areas to match NSDI priorities through careful research and analysis.
- Collaborate with NSDI program managers to discern the targeted audience for program materials.
- Conduct focus groups and key informant interviews to gain feedback on produced materials prior to dissemination.
- Update NSDI website(s) in partnership with external contractors.
- Develop and maintain content for the NSDI app, as well as website blogs, and podcasts.
- Assist with branding that supports organizational programs and events, enabling partnerships, and drive organizational growth.
- Develop and maintain branding and demographic information for NSDI in different regions.
- Develop culturally and linguistically appropriate content for diverse populations.
- Ensure that content aligns with search engine optimization goals.
- Accurately create and maintain branding materials and other documents.
- Maintain a digital organization system in which NSDI Leadership and staff can access information with ease.
- Provide proofreading and editing support for program publications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
C. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
- Associate degree in graphic design or marketing, 2 - 3 years experience in graphic design, marketing, and social media management.
- Possess copywriting skills to develop creative and informative content for web, emails, social media, as well as traditional printed advertisements and presentations such as brochures, flyers, publications, etc.
- Experience in managing projects and various program branding.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic and website design.
- Excellent understanding of program marketing, including messaging for program participants and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Expert written and interpersonal communication skills, to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Experience in developing culturally and linguistically appropriate branding that adheres to generally accepted readability standards.
- Possess strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Possess advanced graphic design skills and knowledge of various software and website platform, including but not limited to WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, ConstantContact, etc.
- Well organized, dependable, flexible, and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational skills including monitoring of details.
- Adhere to confidentiality mandates and professional conduct
D. WORKING CONDITIONS, JOB SETTING, and COMPENSATION
- Part-time – 20 hours/week
- Flexible work environment, work will be performed in NSDI headquarters, in an office setting and requires the use of electronic equipment including computer, telephone, etc
- Flexibility in schedule, including scheduled weekends, when necessary
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal and telephone communication. Ability to sit for long periods, standing, computer entry, walking, repeated bending, lifting, and carrying up to 20 lbs., reaching
- NSDI promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety training for all personnel as required
- Paid holidays; room to advance in the organization
Please apply to the job posting only. No phone calls or fax submission. We currently do not need the assistance of staffing agencies.
APPLY HERE: https://nilesisters.applytojob.com/apply/jsb1dW7nNL/Branding-Specialist