The Diamond Educational Excellence Partnership (DEEP) is a small nonprofit organization leading a collaborative effort of dozens of organizations and community leaders committed to improving excellence and equity in public schools in southeastern San Diego. Located in southeastern San Diego, DEEP is committed to ensuring that children attending public schools in this part of the city receive the support they require both inside and outside schools in order to move smoothly along the education pipeline from cradle to college and career. We are building a small team of thoughtful, resourceful, and collaborative leaders. Those seeking meaningful work, opportunities to develop professionally, and ability to innovate as the organization grows are encouraged to apply.
This position reports to the Executive Director. A highly organized strategic, independent thinker, the Business-Office Manager understands nonprofit management and ensures that the organization runs smoothly, facilitates day-to-day coordination and logistical support, including the maintenance of office systems and work space. This position serves as the initial point of contact for internal and external constituencies on behalf of the executive director. S/he interfaces regularly with outsourced service providers. S/he also serves as a liaison to the board of directors. S/he works closely with the executive director to support to other staff as needed. This position consistently projects an enthusiastic, positive approach that contributes to a collegial and closely-knit organizational culture. S/he has the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, works under pressure at times, and handles confidential matters with discretion.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure smooth daily organizational operations and maintenance of operating systems across departments, including finance, human resources, technology, office management
- Prepares financial documents and works closely with accountant
- Handles human resources compliance, staff onboarding, evaluation, and off-boarding
- Interfaces with vendors and outsourced contractors
- Works with the Executive Director to develop and document standard operational policies and procedures and overseeing the organization’s electronic files
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local entities, e.g. state charity registrations, etc.
- Handles external communications
- Handles volunteer processing and engagement
- Serves as the executive director's liaison to the board of directors
- Supports program administration as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strategic thinker with knowledge of nonprofit industry
- Team player who demonstrates humility, passion, and people smarts
- Strong customer/client-relations skills, with the ability to interface effectively with racially, ethnically and economically diverse public.
- Effective communications skills (orally and in writing) in English
- Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
PROFICIENT USE OF: Cloud-based computing solutions (preferably Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, and QuickBooks
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org