San Diego Hunger Coalition is seeking a proactive CalFresh Program Manager to lead the organization’s work to expand CalFresh (California's name for SNAP) access for low-income San Diegans. Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, the CalFresh Program Manager will provide support to a network of 40+ community-based CalFresh application assistance organizations through a combination of convening, partnership building, technical assistance (TA), and administrative advocacy. With the support of the CalFresh Coordinator, this position manages the organization’s CalFresh outreach contract comprised of a cohort of 18 subcontracting partner organizations and facilitates the county-wide CalFresh Task Force. The CalFresh Program Manager position is the perfect role for an individual who is solution oriented, enjoys working with a wide range of stakeholders, and thrives in fast-paced, innovative environments.
Knowledge & Relationship Cultivation
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the CalFresh (SNAP) program at the federal, state and local levels to inform both long term strategy and daily efforts of the organization’s work to strengthen local participation in CalFresh
• Provide leadership to the CalFresh Task Force, including the coordination and facilitation of monthly regional meetings throughout San Diego County
• Guide the development and implementation of collaborative engagement models to advance outreach in historically disinvested and socially isolated communities
• Manage portfolio of 18 CalFresh application assistance contractors, including quarterly reporting, annual site visits and programmatic reviews
• Maintain a strong understanding of the needs of CalFresh application assistance organizations through on-going check-ins, case issue tracking, and participation in local collaboratives
• Oversee the development and facilitation of monthly training opportunities for community partners based on local needs and changing programmatic regulations
Administrative Advocacy/Systems Change
• Inform the development of research and issue briefs, and provide presentations to stakeholders
• Represent the San Diego Hunger Coalition at various workgroups, building and maintaining strong working relationships with implementing agencies
• Identify systemic barriers and solutions to advance business, process and regulatory improvements to the CalFresh program.
Visit sdhunger.org/jobs for more details.