We are growing! The Camp Connect Coordinator is in an integral position in the program department of Promises2Kids. Under the direction of the Camp Connect Specialist, this position is responsible for supporting Camp Connect related activities including trainings, scheduling and executing events (focusing on weekly sibling set visits), youth outreach and recruitment, volunteer onboarding and engagement, and utilization of Volunteer Leads.
- Help lead the implementation of monthly Camp Connect events and weekly sibling set visits.
- Attend annual 4-day residential summer camp.
- Complete a minimum of 3 sibling set visits per week.
- Support the planning and organizing of individual sibling set visits
- Monitor monthly youth outreach and recruitment to meet youth attendance goals.
- Help develop activities and co-lead Camp Connect activities.
- Work in partnership with the Volunteer Specialist to support volunteer outreach and recruitment for Camp Connect; including but not limited to co-leading the monthly volunteer trainings.
- Write monthly stories that provide an engaging recap of Camp Connect events.
- Assist in grant writing and research efforts.
- Assist in duties related to creating new Camp Connect and Volunteer opportunities.
- Assist in organizing volunteer appreciation event, which include Camp Connect specific volunteers.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to data entry, filing, letter preparation, email correspondence, preparing check requests.
- Representing Promises2Kids in a professional and friendly manner at all times and develop a full understanding of Promises2Kids mission and role in the community.
- Must be able to successfully pass the child abuse clearance, fingerprinting, and background check
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet insurance requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two-years experience in program operations working directly with youth.
- Proficient in computer skills, including entire MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated professional writing skills.
- Experience with fundraising and outcomes software programs a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of people and represent Promises2Kids in a positive and professional manner to all staff, visitors, volunteers, Board Members, donors, community and business leaders, government officials and others.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and also remain oriented to the “big picture” and established goals.
- Excellent organizational, management, communication and problem-solving skills.