Job Title: Case Manager/Emergency Housing Coord.
Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week, M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Flexible to meet agency needs and client’s schedule - On Call
Supervisor: Program Manager/Assessment Coordinator
Job Class: NON-EXEMPT
The Domestic Violence Emergency Housing Coordinator is an integral part of our comprehensive Continuum of Care. This position coordinates the referrals for the housing programs and responds to women or men and their children who are fleeing abuse by arranging hotel space and providing the next steps. The Emergency Housing Coordinator will be responsible for victim advocacy, case management, and emergency and social services support. The Emergency Housing Coordinator will work closely with law enforcement to develop and strengthen working partnerships to meet victim needs. The Coordinator will also identify crucial community resources and advocate on behalf of the client to access services that lead to a range of housing options.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English including the ability to read and write (strongly preferred).
- Bachelors in Social Work or related field or some college and/or related certifications with 3 years of experience working with survivors (required).
- 2 years of direct experience working with survivors (required).
- Completion of 40 hours Domestic Violence training (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma informed care/practices and the principles of case management.
- Working knowledge of local domestic violence and other shelter referral systems, transitional and permanent housing resources.
- Involvement in local DV networking meetings/circles (strongly preferred).
- Experience with client data base system (Clarity preferred).
- This position will possess a valid California driver’s license, have reliable transportation with current insurance and will be reimbursed mileage from the agency to the location and back.
- Must be detail oriented and able to document services provided for government grant compliance reporting.
Crisis House is an Equal Opportunity Employer