Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full time 37.5 hrs/wk, non-exempt
Pay Rate: $18 - $20/hr (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE JEWISH CULTURE
JFS is looking for a compassionate, mission-driven individual to join the Center for Jewish Care team as the Community Engagement Coordinator. Throughout Jewish Family Service’s 100-year history, our Jewish heart and soul have given us the guidance and expertise to provide critical services to the Jewish community including the elderly, single parents, Holocaust Survivors, and Jewish individuals and families during their most challenging times. In this role, you have the opportunity to use your people skills and outreach experience to make a meaningful difference in your community and help change lives across San Diego. The Coordinator plays an integral role on the team by educating our community about our unique, culturally sensitive services to support the Jewish community and inviting them to engage and support our work. This position reports directly to the Program Manager and works closely with program staff across the agency.
- Support and contribute to the outreach strategy for the Center for Jewish Care at JFS in an effort to raise awareness in both the Jewish and secular San Diego community about JFS’s unique commitment to and strengths in serving the Jewish community, while serving the greater community.
- Coordinate and/or deliver presentations within the community to educate about our services, as well as opportunities to support our work through volunteerism, philanthropy, and advocacy.
- Organize and facilitate Jewish community engagement projects at JFS throughout the year, including Champs for Change, holiday basket deliveries, donation drives for the High Holy Days and Passover, and more.
- Identify and coordinate JFS participation in both secular and Jewish community events (i.e., outreach, tabling, and coordinating Team JFS participation in community walks and events, like ADL Walk Against Hate, Jewish Community Day at the Park, Shabbat San Diego, Pride, and much more).
- Manage the annual application and award cycle of JFS David Rubenstein Memorial Scholarships by screening applications, supporting the Scholarship Committee review process, and processing all scholarship disbursement requests in a timely and organized manner.
- Support the communication and coordination with key partnerships of the Center for Jewish Care and JFS more broadly.
- Assist with JFS-hosted community education events, like the Behavioral Health Committee’s annual Community Education event and ongoing JFS Community Conversations.
- Work collaboratively with Volunteer Engagement, Marketing, Development, and Program staff to ensure consistent messaging and coordinated efforts across the agency.
- Track and report on impact of outreach and community engagement efforts.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- Associates Degree or higher.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE JEWISH CULTURE
- 1-2 years’ experience customer service in professional setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and remain on schedule towards goals; Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to not only carry out instructions, but also anticipate next steps and needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Availability to work at scheduled weekend and/or evening events, as needed.
- Must have own reliable vehicle and automobile insurance.
Skills/Abilities we’d Like you to Have:
- 1-2 years conducting outreach and presentations within the community to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience planning and leading activities that engage people of all ages.
- Previous experience with donor database, Raiser’s Edge or equivalent.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.