POSITION TITLE: Client and Billing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Training, Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: Professional Clinical and Forensic Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time (20 Hours Per Week), Non-Exempt, benefits eligible
IVAT is a non-profit mental health clinic providing a range of trauma-focused services. The Client and Billing Assistant will provide administrative support for the IVAT clinic, including scheduling, billing, and client account maintenance.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing high quality service to all constituencies of the Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma. The candidate will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and will be committed to the tenets of IVAT's Mission and Vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role will be responsible for supporting clinic operations through direct client contact regarding scheduling and billing or payment information. This includes the management of sensitive and confidential client information and data.
- Managing the clinic’s online referral system and following up with client referrals to obtain additional contact information
- Being an initial point of contact for clients who are requesting additional information about services or following up on direct client inquiries
- Coordinating with the clinic therapists and supervisors to help with the assignment of clients to clinicians
- Maintaining waitlists for client contacts
- Coordinating with the scheduling of appointments, billing, or other non-clinical related content
- Processing and tracking payments across multiple spreadsheets and client invoices
- Following up with clients regarding payment plans for past due account balances
- Research insurance panels and assist with submitting applications to join preferred provider panels; work directly with credentialing for providers, insurance companies, billing and contracts
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits and resolve insurance authorizations and denials
- Other duties may include:
- Assisting with the purchase of clinical testing materials or clinic supplies
- Assisting with credit card reconciliations for the clinic related purchases
- Following up with the clinic staff/clinicians on acquiring de-identified client data for the tracking of service provision rates
- Assisting in the management and organization of clinic files, testing materials, and office organization
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
One year related experience required in billing and administrative duties in a mental health clinic environment
Knowledge of office administration
Knowledge of billing and invoicing systems
Knowledge of basic office software (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
Effective organizational skills
Effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills
Effective customer service skills
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Effective stress management techniques
Effective time management techniques
Ability to lift up to 35 pound boxes
Working knowledge of advanced planning; ability to initiate tasks and projects
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Demonstrate sound work ethic
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, files, and information related to IVAT services
Ability to follow established procedures and guidelines
Ability to successfully work individually and as a team member
Ability to effectively interface with the public within an organization at all professional levels including staff
Ability to compromise a desired outcome
Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically
Ability to prioritize work tasks and maintain a productive workload
Ability to utilize sound judgement for problem solving; knowledge to know when to consult a supervisor
Prior knowledge in the fields of violence, abuse and trauma
Committed to the mission and vision of IVAT as a social change organization
Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Valid California driver license at time of hire
Background Check: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Anti-discrimination Policy: IVAT prohibits discrimination in employment and in its educational programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or associational preference.
IVAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IVAT will conduct its programs, service and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
This policy is governed by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.