The Community Organizer is responsible for the development and facilitation of youth Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention education program and the Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE) program for youth and communities in the North Central Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, develop, implement and sustain youth ATOD prevention and education program.
- Conduct outreach to schools, agencies, and collaborative partners that service youth to recruit program participants; Develop, plan and organize ATOD prevention activities.
- Provide leadership development assistance and support to individuals involved in the North Central region youth groups and the North City Prevention Coalition.
- Develop and sustain community-based collaboration to achieve program objectives.
- Provide data for outcome monitoring systems, and statistical records for government contracts.
- Develop Social Media content and posting of alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention related activities, campaigns, and events.
- Participate in countywide workgroup system for funded initiatives (Binge & Underage Drinking, marijuana Prevention, Prescription Drug Task Force and Meth Strike Force).
- Other tasks as assigned by the ATOD Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards one.
- Experience in community and economic development working with collaborative efforts and/or similar initiatives relevant to ATOD environmental prevention.
- Experience in working with teens on ATOD prevention activities, gang prevention, and/or leadership development.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to use it for job-related tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to work with diverse community and neighborhood organizations and constituencies.
- Understanding public health impacts for alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with youth age 24 and under.
How to Apply:
Visit http://bit.ly/SAYcareers which is our SAY Career Center to create a profile and submit your application online. Please apply to Requisition ID# 1315. (NO PHONE CALLS AND EMAILED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)