The San Diego Society of Natural History was founded in 1874 by a handful of citizen-naturalists and is the oldest scientific institution in southern California, and the third oldest west of the Mississippi.
The Mission of the San Diego Natural History Museum is to interpret the natural world through research, education and exhibits; to promote understanding of the evolution and diversity of southern California and the peninsula of Baja California; and to inspire in all a respect for nature and the environment.
The Museum has a collection of more than 8 million research specimens and conducts research in the areas of paleontology, entomology, herpetology, ornithology, mammalogy and botany. We provide educational opportunities to over 100,000 children each year and close to 400,000 people visit our exhibitions each year. The Museum operates an onsite gift shop and a café offering bar services, and also has over 700 active volunteers who serve in our research and education programs.
The Museum is located in historic Balboa Park and houses over 8500 square feet of exhibition space and a 300-seat 3D theater.
The San Diego Natural History Museum strives to provide a stellar experience for our visitors, volunteers and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Controller, the contract billing and payroll administrator is responsible for full cycle accounts receivable, ensuring that client invoices are correct, accurate, and delivered to the client in a timely manner, and managing the collection aspect of accounts receivable. Also responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll, reviewing timesheet data, and payroll journal entries. Other accounting duties include account reconciliations, and maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledgers.
- Review client contracts to understand all necessary information, including billing and payment terms
- Create client invoices and track outstanding receivables
- Collection of past due client balances
- Enter and maintain client contract details and create billing schedules in Sage Intacct accounting software
- Ensuring all invoices are up to client standards
- Process semi-monthly payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Prepare, review, and post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Responsible in analyzing transactions, explaining variances, preparing schedules, completing reconciliations and providing support for annual financial audit and budgets
- Assist with implementing new automated systems and data conversions
- Prepare monthly financial reports for museum managers and work with managers on budgeting and cost management
- Assist Controller with daily, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting department and provide accounting support for other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in accounting from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of accounts receivable experience
- Experience with payroll processing, preferably using ADP Workforce Now
- Passionate about providing an excellent customer service experience to clients
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct and automated expense management systems a distinguishing factor
- Strong general ledger experience, with excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
- Superior attention to detail and ability to insure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Hourly range $28.85 - $31.25. Annual Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000 based on experience
To apply please submit resume, cover letter outlining your experience, salary requirement and three professional references to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS, NO DROP INS, and NO RECRUITERS please.