The People and Culture Coordinator provides a wide variety of Human Resources-related support including but not limited to onboarding for new employees, compiling and updating employee records, assisting in recruitment efforts by maintaining up to date job descriptions, posting job ads, screening candidates, coordinating interviews and new hire documents and processes. Responsible for accurate data entry to the payroll systems (and other platforms) and assist with payroll and benefit administration. Works under general supervision with routine activities and when following established policies and procedures. Receives more detailed instruction on new assignments and issues of complex nature. The People and Culture Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
- Screens applicants for current open positions ensuring inclusive and equitable selection.
- Prepares new hire paperwork and tracks return of all enrollment materials and policy signoffs. Follows up with employees as needed.
- Coordinates employee background check & verify that hiring managers handle the references.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire meetings.
- Assists with the electronic employee record keeping system. Creates new “folders” for new hires, scans and files employee documents on a weekly basis into the system of record.
- Assists with updating job descriptions as needed.
- Updates and posts cross-site digital job ads as needed.
- Acts as liaison with department managers and security for administration of access, ID cards, office plaques and/or name badges process.
- Assists with safety matters as necessary.
- Completes employment and payroll verifications within 48 business hours.
- Organizes and audits all HR department records.
- Assists in responding to internal and external audits, to subpoenas and unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Assists with payroll and benefit administration.
- Coordinates harassment prevention training for new hires, new managers and keeps track of current employees per regulatory compliance through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provides support to Senior Director of Human Resources on miscellaneous routine assignments and/or projects.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established Museum policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to promoting and enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion at the Museum.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of demonstrated administrative experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources, or related field, is required. Human Resources Management Certificate, preferred.
- Ability to understand Federal and State employment laws required.
- Strong computer skills required, including word processing, database and spreadsheet experience (i.e., MS Office).
- Attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Must be well organized, accurate, thorough and able to monitor work for quality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to prioritize required.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and personalities. Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality a must.
This is a full-time position (up to 35 hours per week) with benefits such as health insurance, vacation, 14 paid holidays, free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that highlights your relevant experience to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).