Internship: Data Specialist Intern
Supervised by: Data Analyst
Under the supervision of the Data Analyst, the Data Specialist Intern works closely with staff to support data entry and quality assurance for the center database Efforts to Outcomes (ETO). The Data Specialist Intern also works collaboratively with the Data Analyst to update the database and conduct quality assurance checks. Specific to the Holiday Baskets program, the Intern conducts outreach, registers eligible participants, and works with the Data Analyst to create check-in material and demographic reports. This internship is a hybrid of remote and on-site work, requiring a commitment of approximately 12-16 hours weekly through January 31, 2022.
ETO is a comprehensive outcomes and case management tool for large nonprofits, government agencies, and community collaboratives.
Holiday Baskets is San Diego’s largest distribution program, providing a dignified and free “shopping experience” for eligible families and individuals in need. Participants receive not only basic necessities like food and the trimmings for a holiday meal but also a few gifts to brighten the holidays.
- Gain knowledge and experience of Human Management Information Systems software, Efforts to Outcomes
- Gain knowledge and experience with basic data analytics
- Gain direct client experience including interviewing and completing intakes for clients
- Gain knowledge of current community resources and skills in networking with other community agencies/resources
- Further understanding about how to make appropriate referrals and link clients with programs and services
Who should apply:
CRC is seeking candidates with a strong interest in data and social services, and MS Office proficiency. Prior experience working with diverse populations is preferred. The candidate selected for the internship must have the ability to work a hybrid schedule of on-site and remote and will undergo TB and background screening prior to starting. Upon the successful completion of the internship, the intern will be awarded a $500 stipend.
Interested candidates are invited to apply via indeed.com.
To learn more about Community Resource Center, click here.