Supervised by The Center's Development Director, the Database Manager maintains The Center's Raiser's Edge donor database and assists with other fundraising platforms. The Database Manager is responsible for the performance, integrity, and of the organization's Raiser's Edge database. This position will also involve planning and implementing procedures and troubleshooting Raiser's Edge issues with the Development team. This position will manage gift entry and acknowledgment functions in a timely fashion for all gifts to The Center. The Database Manager will produce custom reports showing the status of fundraising efforts, including gifts received, outstanding pledges, and other information. This position supports The Center's Development department and its overall efforts and programs to maintain and grow The Center's community of supporters by assisting with direct mail campaigns, fundraising events, and initiatives.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with the Accounting department to ensure that gift data is coded correctly; create acknowledgment letters for all gifts.
- Create and run complex queries, exports, and reports in support of fundraising efforts, including direct mail, annual giving, and major gift efforts.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Analyze trends (including donor level moves, donor retention rates, and donor growth) to inform fundraising strategies.
- Manage and prepare in-house mailings, including mail merges, accurate labeling, and postage for events and donor campaigns.
- Coordinate data collection processes and ensure all prospects are entered, tracked, and distributed within CRM.
- Communicate with donors, as appropriate.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Team player with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, including data entry, list management, and recordkeeping.
- Ability to proactively organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to innovate and work with database software to find ideal solutions to help improve and facilitate efficient workflow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience: A bachelor's degree is preferred. A minimum of two years of CRM database management experience is required; experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge is strongly preferred. Experience in data handling techniques including queries, data imports, and exports; ability to explain database process to and provide excellent customer support to the Development team.
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel. Raiser's Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Other Skills: Must demonstrate competence in working with diverse populations. Must have excellent interpersonal communication and time management skills. Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities. Ability to supervise, direct and lead staff and volunteers of different cultures. Those with lived experience as a member of a historically under-served community (i.e., communities of color, LGBTQ communities, or immigrant communities, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Please note: We are unable to accept any phone or walk-in inquiries for this position.
The San Diego LGBT Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.