Job Title: Delivery Driver (multiple positions available)
Rate of Pay: $16 per hour
FLSA: Non-Exempt – Part Time 10-15 hours per week
Supervisor: Director of Volunteer Engagement
The Mission: Mama’s Kitchen, a community-driven organization, believes that everyone is entitled to the basic necessity of life – nutritious food. Our nutrition services improve the lives of women, men, and
children vulnerable to hunger due to HIV, cancer, or other critical illnesses.
The Opportunity: Delivery driver. The duties of this position are will be executed on Tuesdays and
Fridays. Anticipated schedule will be 12pm – 6pm but may vary slightly. (estimated 10-15 Hours
The Ideal Candidate: Aligned with Mama’s Kitchen core values (see below), the ideal candidate will be
eager and dependable. This position may engage with volunteers, co-workers, and service recipients. A
friendly, responsible and professional demeanor is required at all times.
• Dependable vehicle
• Clean Driving record
• Must successfully pass criminal background check
• Attention to detail
• Ability to closely follow directions, spoken and written
• Ability to read maps or use navigation tools on smart phone
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for delivering meals to clients across San Diego county
• Ability to adapt to potential last-minute changes
• Excellent communication skills
• Executes other duties as assigned
The expectations of the ideal candidate:
• Self-led: Knows and completes responsibilities in assigned timelines, asks for clarifications when
• Sensitive to the circumstances and needs of the critically ill, as well as people with mental health
and substance abuse issues
• Customer oriented: Works well with all stakeholders and promotes a positive image of the
agency and works diligently to resolve customer issues
• Poised: able to maintain a calm, positive and constructive attitude during interactions with
diverse populations, sometimes in challenging situations
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, you will be required to get in and out of your vehicle
multiple times per shift, drive, walk; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must bend, stoop and lift and/or move up to 65 pounds unassisted on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
CORE VALUES: At Mama’s Kitchen, our decisions and behavior are driven and guided by the following
• Dignity and Respect: Focus on the individual is at the heart of everything we do at Mama’s
Kitchen. Mama’s Kitchen fosters a community where mutual respect and dignity are preserved by
promoting humanity, compassion and empathy towards our clients, donors, volunteers and staff.
• Reliability: Mama’s Kitchen is resourceful, efficient, and flexible. Our clients tell us that reliability
is what sets Mama’s apart from other nonprofit organizations.
• Integrity: Guided by honesty, loyalty and a commitment to confidentiality, Mama’s Kitchen is
responsive to the needs of all our clients, volunteers, donors and staff. We pride ourselves in
doing what we say we are going to do.
• Diversity: Mama’s Kitchen is an all-inclusive family. We foster a welcoming environment and
embrace all members of the community without judgment.
• Team Work: Mutual effort and unity are the ingredients that allow our mission to succeed.
Mama’s Kitchen has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection,
performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org