Job Summary: The Development & Events Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropy and supports the agency’s fundraising initiatives and marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Development Department:
- Represent Home Start as ambassador at community events and in local membership organizations
- Process all monetary and in-kind donations using database software and produce thank you letters
- Maintain donor database and run reports from database
- Coordinate agency fundraising and events mailings
- Coordinate annual holiday toy drive and adopt-a-family program
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant applications
- Supervise department interns and volunteers
- Participate in internal committee meetings and events
- Fulfill the needs of the department in the Director of Philanthropy’s absence
- Develop brand-centric promotional and marketing program & materials, including annual report
- Working alongside the PR & Marketing Committee, create and assist with internal and external communications including print and advertising programs
- Record and distribute minutes of PR & Marketing Committee meetings
- Seek and develop opportunities to enhance the image of the organization in the community
- Oversee Social Media and Marketing Contractor to ensure all external marketing messages and social media messages being carried out according to focused plan
- Manage Home Start’s website to ensure accurate and up-to-date information represented as needed, including making minor page edits and coordinating major edits/updates with Webmaster
Responsible for and coordinate annual Blue Ribbon Gala and Hallo-Wine Fall Festival events to generate funds and attendance for the agency including:
- Helping to plan event budgets and closely follow revenue and expense line items
- Identifying event venues and serve as main point of contact with venues
- Securing vendors, silent and live auction items, and in-kind donations
- Assisting Director of Philanthropy in identifying cash sponsorship opportunities for DOP to pursue
- Tracking donations and entering into fundraising software and preparing acknowledgement letters
- Managing event fundraising website, including silent auction item tracking and reporting
- Preparing post-event acknowledgement letters, final budget numbers and live and silent auction results
- Supporting fundraising and gala committees by maintaining rosters, ordering and distributing materials, taking and distributing minutes
Thrift Boutique & Candle-Making Social Enterprises:
- Work closely with Thrift Boutique/Candle-Making Committee to manage Marketing Plan for retail promotion
- Record and distribute minutes of Thrift Boutique/Candle-Making Committee meetings
- Assist Thrift Boutique/Candle-Making Committee, Boutique Manager, and Candle-Making Manager with marketing ideas implementation
- Refer leads to drive more customers and more donations for Boutique to Boutique Manager and Candle-Making Manager
- Refer mobile/pop-up Thrift Boutique opportunities to Boutique Manager
Education: Bachelor’s in Communications, Non-Profit Management, Marketing or related field and 3 years experience in fundraising or marketing, for a non-profit organization required. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individuals and problem solve as part of a team. Skills: Must have excellent communication skills – verbal and written, be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, multi-task in a fast paced environment, and manage time to meet deadlines. Must have excellent problem-solving and people skills. Expert computer skills including database management, Microsoft Office applications, and experience with website and social media management (WordPress) are required. Experience in Word, Publisher and Excel preferred. Special event experience preferred. Other requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the office, at supervision or at required meetings.
- Traveling in car to agency and community meetings.
- Frequent note taking by hand during meetings and for supervision purposes.
- Office spaced is shared.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Condition of Employment
In accordance with the recent California Department of Public Health Orders, depending on work location and subcontractor requirements, employees must adhere to the below requirements:
- Provide a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination OR undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and observe all other infection control requirements, including face coverings.
- Obtain either the first dose of a one dose regime or the second dose of a two-dose regime of a COVID-19 vaccine by September 30, 2021* in accordance with CDPH order dated August 5, 2021.
- There may be exemptions to the vaccination mandate.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply on our website