Oceanside Museum of Art – Oceanside, CA
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for a part-time Development Assistant The ideal candidate has worked in museums, arts and/or cultural organizations and understands the non-profit sector. This position focuses primarily on database management (utilizing our Altru CRM), recording donations, managing thank you and acknowledgement letters and pulling donor and mailing lists. The Development Assistant will also assist the Development Manager with donor related programs and events, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Candidate should possess excellent administrative skills, strong communication skills, and must possess the ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities. Attention to detail is necessary. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and have good interpersonal skills. Knowledge and experience working with Altru and/or another donor management database system is a must.
This position reports directly to the Development Manager and will work with OMA staff to deliver development goals.
Several principal areas of responsibility associated with this position:
Manage the museum’s CRM system (Altru)
- Create donor acknowledgement letters
- Enter pledges and gifts into Altru
- Assist in coordinating donor relations and recognition activities
- Assist in tracking donor campaign progress
- Ensure accuracy and high data quality within Altru, make corrections as needed
Duties pertaining to Donor Events
- Assist in tracking event sponsorship, underwriting and ticket sale
- Assist in oversight and planning of smaller events such as donor appreciation events
- Assist with event logistics as needed on larger museum events
- Execute post event wrap-up and reconciliation
Other duties as required: Assure the safety of visitors, staff, works of art, and museum facility by following and enforcing all related policies and procedures
Since 1997 OMA has served as an anchor and catalyst for change in North County San Diego by serving as the premier art venue along the cultural corridor between Los Angeles, San Diego and Tijuana. OMA's exhibitions showcase artists’ works, presenting innovative and dynamic exhibitions of significant local and regional art as well as exhibitions of national and international interest. The museums galleries are redesigned for each exhibition, surprising visitors with a fresh, exciting visual transformation for every new installation.
Job Type: Part-time, 16-24 hours a week
Compensation: $15-$18 per hour based on experience
Required education: Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Non-Profit development and fundraising experience
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Self-starter able to work in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of art and culture organizations a plus
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation