Working collaboratively with the Development team, the Development Associate/Coordinator supports the successful implementation of fundraising and marketing activities to achieve YWCA goals, including grant proposals, special events, donor outreach, and data systems. Please note this is not a remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct writing and editing of grant proposals, applications, reports and supporting materials. Submit grant packages in accordance with funder requirements. Perform prospect research and monitor grant calendar and reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate event logistics and administer digital registration and ticketing systems to support an effective process for donors and guests. Ensure appropriate recognition and promotional benefits are fulfilled in a timely manner for sponsors and donors.
- Proactively conduct outreach to corporate, foundation and individual prospects and donors.
- Prepare and execute donor stewardship materials for fundraising campaigns, special events, and ongoing development activities, including direct mail, digital, and other communications.
- Coordinate social media calendar and maintain channels and website content consistent with approved guidelines.
- Perform gift entry, create reports, and prepare acknowledgement letters in a timely manner. Maintain detailed records in donor database ensuring accuracy and confidentiality in accordance with established policies.
- Support all aspects of development and marketing activities to achieve agency goals. Serve as agency representative as needed at community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public administration, or related discipline along with a minimum of two years of direct experience in a fund development or grant writing capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-profit fundraising and special events experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, sound judgment, strong follow-through, and ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure. Meticulous attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive and team player attitude, and willingness to take on new tasks. Effectively balances taking initiative and following direction.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information, and to interact professionally internally and externally with donors, volunteers, and members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital technology systems. Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, comparable CRM, or professional database, as well as email marketing, social media, and web content management systems. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to meet deadlines and staff community events.
- Candidates will be subject to a background check.
Visit http://ywcasandiego.org for the full job description and more information about YWCA. Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, reference “Development Associate.” No phone calls, please.