Position Title: Development Director
The Development Director works with the Executive Director and senior organizational leadership. This position is directly responsible for development operations, grant management, Capital Campaign support, and major donor support.
The Development Director must carry out the following general tasks below:
- Maintain organizational development strategy/dashboard
Capital Campaign/ Major Donor support
- Support Executive Director with identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors
- Maintain moves management process for existing and prospective donors
- Track pledge commitments, send installment reminders and reporting needs, and record communications and received funds.
- Write, send, and manage special project proposals, updates, and reports.
- Engage the Capital Campaign Committee through meetings, updates around the campaign, and encourage participation in fundraising efforts
- Curate and facilitate VIP invites/guestlist for various fundraising events (Green Feast, Community Table dinners, special events, etc.)
- Research and initiate grant opportunities to support the organization and its mission.
- Submit, and manage grant proposals and reports - - manage grant writer for copy
- Provide prospective funders with supporting documents and grant deliverables.
- Maintain grant calendar of deadlines and deliverables, and ensure timely submission of all grant-related requirements
- Steward relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders including government departments, companies, and foundations.
- Manage CRM/ donor database, Every Action: data entry, run reports, create lists, etc. Maintain processes and systems to keep data organized for segmenting and tracking purposes.
- Oversee membership program: new and renewed sign-ups, lapsed and canceled memberships, and automated email series.
- Record and acknowledge donations utilizing Every Action. Manage automated receipts as needed; Draft and send receipts, reports, and/or thank you letters.
- Facilitate all donor data analysis for the organization
- Reconcile donations with accounting for accurate designation of donor funds.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
- Participate in “All Hands On Deck” activities, where all The Ecology Center staff cooperate on a large project, event, educational program, or volunteer days
- Be prepared to lend a hand throughout the organization as needed
- 2-3 years of grant writing experience
- Tech savvy and familiarity with databases/CRMs
- Incredibly strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with grant management and foundations
- Skilled in relationship management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Positive attitude, resourcefulness, and willingness to learn and grow
- Existing knowledge of and passion for environmental issues and awareness
- Excellent knowledge of professional software, including Word, Excel, Google Docs/Spreadsheets
Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director