The mission of Accessity, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non-profit organization is to open doors of financial opportunity to those historically with less access to capital and business support: entrepreneurs of color, women, immigrant, and low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs, so they can build a prosperous business and livelihood for themselves and their families, while also strengthening our communities. Visit https://accessity.org for more information.
The Development & Impact Officer is a full-time position supporting the organization’s fundraising activities, partnerships, impact analysis, donor communication, and engagement efforts. This position reports to the Director of Grants & Impact and works closely with the CEO and marketing departments to support fundraising initiatives, grant reporting and impact evaluation efforts, while also supporting publication of donor facing materials.
- Develop small- to medium-sized fundraising proposals (writing, assembly)
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact to assemble and submit larger grant proposals
- Engage and cultivate relationships with donors and stakeholders and provide proactive fundraising support to the Director of Grants & Impact and CEO
- Provide accurate and timely activity and grant pipeline reports to CEO and Director of Grants & Impact
- Assist with prospective donor research and statistics for grant proposals
- Run regular programmatic reports in loan database system to demonstrate programmatic impact, outcomes, and target client demographic information
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact in tracking progress of program outcomes for grants and partnerships, using Excel and other computer software
- Coordinate with lending staff to meet grant goals and work with them to identify borrowers for particular grant programs
- Identify and research additional funding opportunities to help diversify donor base
- Execute fundraising events by aiding in and managing logistical planning, promotional efforts, and day‐of coordination
- Attend fundraising and other community events/meetings to strengthen and develop relationships with community stakeholders
- Produce compelling client stories and testimonials used within special partnerships, proposals, donor engagements, and other publications
- Work with marketing team to ensure donor materials are on brand and reflect mission
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in grant writing, nonprofit environment, or related educational experience
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills and an ability to write compelling client testimonials
- Outstanding overall accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Experience in engaging donors, and communications
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and experience using various databases/software (Salesforce, eTapestry)
- Strong data analysis and evaluation skills
- Outstanding oral communication skills. Dynamic, diplomatic, and respectful communicator.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for the impact of Accessity’s mission
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and clients in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level; Currently remote due to COVID-19.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of applicants for this position, we will only be able to personally contact those we would like to interview.
Accessity is an equal opportunity employer.