Join our fantastic and FUN team!
Mission: To inspire the community to connect with and care for our coastal environment.
This is a full time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Community Engagement and Development.
The Living Coast offers a competitive compensation package including payment of 100% of the monthly premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurance (pending plan approval); and paid time off with an annual accrual of 80 hours each of vacation, floating holidays, and sick time.
Key member of the Development Department supporting the fundraising goals of the Living Coast Discovery Center through the execution of the essential functions of the department: Grants Management, Event Management, Individual Giving, Coordination and Communication with Board of Directors, Donor Relations, and Stewardship. Manage the Membership Specialist and Administrative Assistant. The position manages grant writing consultants as necessary.
Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Manage the writing and submission of grants for new and existing programs.
- Research and recommend new grant opportunities aligned with the organization’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Ensures prompt preparation and submission of reports, invoices and collection of grant receivables.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all unrestricted and restricted income and its sources. Interface with colleagues and Accounting office to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Maintains files of grants, contracts, notice of grant awards, and other related documents.
- Responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and leadership of all aspects related to the annual fundraising event.
- Coordinate all planning and day-of event logistics between Living Coast staff and vendors, including but not limited to: ABC license, offsite parking, volunteer assignments and training; registration, silent and live auction, vendor recruitment, transportation.
- Manage event budget.
- Post –event management including, but not limited to, donor acknowledgement letters, reconciling budget, live and silent auction, and other details as needed.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to fill the individual giving pipeline and managing all annual campaigns.
Board of Directors Coordination
- Serve as direct conduit for information flow to and from Board of Directors (BOD) including notification of all meetings and distribution of resultant minutes.
- Update BOD Manual and Protocol.
- Provide BOD Manual and information to new Board members.
- Coordinate and calendar BOD meetings.
- Create BOD agendas, minutes, and relevant correspondence.
- Assist in administrative tasks related to BOD.
- Provide customer service through incoming phone calls and emails.
- Support management of facility operations during normal operating hours.
- Manage Membership Specialist and Administrative Assistant providing support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or technical training and at least two additional years of relevant work experience.
- Two years of management/supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in donor database management, preferably Donor Perfect or similar program.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of professionals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A thorough knowledge of Donor Perfect, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills; be proactive; and possess the ability to work independently handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced, professional environment, with attention to detail. Must be a creative thinker.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working with senior management and Board of Directors
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
This position is an office job but a portion includes out of office meetings. Occasional driving to donor visits, meetings, and events. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to approximately 20 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Living Coast Discovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please forward cover letter and resume to Lori Torio, email@example.com.