San Diego Humane Society is hiring a Full-Time Digital Communications Specialist - Online Giving for our Philanthropy and Communications team!
SUMMARY: Under general direction, the Digital Communications Specialist, Online Giving is responsible for supporting SDHS’ online fundraising and marketing campaigns across all digital channels with a focus on monthly donors, email production, social media fundraising and peer-to-peer strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the acquisition, renewal, upgrade and stewardship of the Constant Companion Monthly Giving Program (CCP), including weekly outreach via phone and email to lapsed donors. Support Digital Communications & Philanthropy Director with the management of the face-to-face fundraising (canvassing) campaign to acquire new sustaining donors for the CCP.
- Plan and execute digital-only fundraising campaigns and digital components of integrated campaigns, including annual Constant Companion recruitment campaign, annual End of Year and GivingTuesday campaigns, etc. Further, support the annual Project Wildlife Baby Shower and Kitten Nursery Shower in-kind donation campaigns.
- Manage the regular maintenance of the Luminate Online database, including but not limited to ensuring accurate receipting and stewardship of all online gifts, creating and maintaining all online donation forms, constituent record clean up, content updates for donation receipts and auto-responders, and regular review and refresh of e-cards and thank you pages.
- Manage, update, maintain and promote the Create a More Humane San Diego™ year-round Peer-to-Peer fundraising platform. In collaboration with appropriate colleagues, create and execute marketing plans and fundraising initiatives to increase participation on platform. Provide support to and coach participants as needed with a goal of increased fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Digital Communications Specialist, Social Media to develop, implement and manage fundraising, stewardship and marketing plans to increase sustainer recruitment and broader participation in the Facebook fundraising P2P platform.
- Prepare regular statistical and financial reporting, e.g. Luminate/BBMS reconciliation reports, monthly online giving reports, Facebook fundraising reports, email and fundraising campaign performance statistics, etc.
- Manage third party online fundraising platforms ensuring proper and timely financial reporting. Platforms include, but are not limited to Facebook, CrowdRise, GoFundMe, AmazonSmile, Tiltify and eBay/PayPal.
- Assist in managing Google Ads paid account and Google Ads grant. Collaborate with the Digital Communications Specialist (Social Media) to create, place and analyze Google, Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Manage and maintain annual calendar for online communications and fundraising initiatives.
- Create and deploy email in Luminate Online in support of external communications, fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship efforts, and other objectives as needed.
- Collaborate with Digital Communications & Philanthropy Manager to support build out of TeamRaiser websites for Day of Giving and both Walks for Animals annually.
- Stay current with industry trends in all aspects of online and social media fundraising.
- Review philanthropy content on the SDHS website, as well as other online channels, and assists Digital Communications & Philanthropy Manager in writing, formatting and updating that content as needed.
- Serves as a resource and back up to the Digital Communications & Philanthropy Manager in the maintenance and management the San Diego Humane Society website (via Luminate CMS).
- Lead by example by following and advocating the SDHS and Philanthropy Department Core Values.
- Understand and comply with all SDHS gift-related policies and procedures, and ensure ethical compliance as defined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Assist with special events and various SDHS activities which may occur after hours and on weekends.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, management and the public at all times.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a cohesive team that promotes personal and departmental growth.
Exemplifies San Diego Humane Society’s Core Values:
- Shows compassion for people and animals
- Has the courage to make tough decisions and take smart risks
- Seeks out ways to make an impact for animals and people
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and sees challenges as opportunities for improvement
- Leads with integrity and treats everyone with respect
Participates in creating a thriving Culture of Philanthropy at San Diego Humane Society by:
- Being knowledgeable and supportive of SDHS programs.
- Sharing their passion for service to animals, people, and our community with our guests.
- Serving as an inspiration to all guests by providing an exemplary level of animal care and guest service.
- Being able to communicate a compelling case for support that demonstrates the impact of philanthropy on San Diego Humane Society.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports. May occasionally oversee the work product of SDHS volunteers.
SALARY: This is an exempt position that starts at a salary of $58,240.00. The salary is determined by a candidate's related experience & education.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal experience in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or related field with at least three (3) years working in Philanthropy/fundraising. Knowledge of online marketing, excellent analytical skills, donor giving strategies, and demonstrated ability to successfully implement such strategies. Hands-on experience with online fundraising platforms, preferably Luminate. Demonstrated written, verbal and organizational skills. Must read, write and speak English language fluently. Spanish language skills a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, is preferred. Understanding of social networking and social media as it relates to fundraising.
Committed to quality; organized, accurate and meticulous attention to detail. Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet fast-paced deadlines in a growing organization. Capacity to collaborate across departments and seek cooperation from others. Passion for and knowledge of animal welfare issues preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, stoop, bend, stretch, squat, kneel, grasp, grip, put fingers together firmly and reach above and below shoulder level, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds for situations of manipulating supplies and setting up for events; repetitively use hands to operate computers; flex the neck upward and downward; twist the neck and the waist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment, with exposure to environmental conditions that include working near and potentially caring for animals with potential exposure to animal dander and animal-related allergens.