Reporting to the House Manager, the Direct Support Professional (DSP) supports residents living with ABI/TBI to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professional promotes the health, safety, and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professional serves as an advocate for our residents. (PM Shift, Overnight Shift, and Part-Time Shifts available.) This job is located in Vista, CA.
• Provides direct support to the individuals living within the home.
• Performs personal care tasks as needed, including supervision, and cueing with basic personal hygiene and grooming, meal prep, feeding, ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
• Fosters positive relationships between direct support professionals and residents.
• Ensures individuals safety and maintains a safe environment.
• Reminds and assists residents with self-administration of medications.
• Encourages self-help activities.
• Reports changes in resident’s condition or family situation to House Manager and/or SCRC’s Program Manager.
• Documents services provided.
• Performs home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning.
• Plans meals, shops for groceries with residents, prepares and serves food/meals, and helps with clean-up.
• Provides transportation and accompanies residents to scheduled appointments, outings, grocery and household goods shopping, medical appointments, and/ or running errands with residents.
• Assists with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Direct Support Professional Certificate (preferred); Year 1 & Year 2
• Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated, proof required
• Must have First Aid/CPR
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a California Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
• Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
DOE. Full-time employees have access to excellent benefits including generous paid time off, sick time, and 12 paid holidays. Exceptional health, dental, and vision.
Submit resume to Lacy Johnson-Bathurst, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While each department has their specific roles, our staff prides itself on working together to support the whole
Come be a part of a team where you can take pride in knowing that you are making a difference in our community and the people we serve!