$2,500 Retention Bonus! This position is eligible for a retention bonus ($1,250 paid at six months and $1,250 paid at one year of employment!)
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1979 in direct response to rising rates of hunger and homelessness in North San Diego County, Interfaith Community Services works to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by Helping People Help Themselves. Interfaith is the most comprehensive social services agency in North County, providing both immediate safety net services and long-term, life-changing programs designed to meet the holistic needs of people in crisis. Together, in partnership with 250+ diverse faith communities, more than 650 recurrent volunteers, and a growing staff of over 200, Interfaith provides a safe haven and pathway towards self-sufficiency for more than 17,000 community members annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: This position will oversee all aspects and operations of four Homeless Outreach Programs, Haven House, a 48-bed low barrier co-ed emergency shelter, a twelve-bed bridge shelter, and case management programs at multiple site locations throughout North San Diego County. This position also oversees the SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) program and a case management partnership with the Oceanside Housing Authority. This position is responsible for program compliance, supervision and quality control. This position serves diverse client needs and populations, to include mental health, substance abuse, and economic well-being. This position has substantial budget responsibility and will provide consultation to outreach, engagement and sheltering practices in the other departments, as well as strategically advise the agency on how to provide basic need services to those in need throughout the region, and performs related work as required supporting the mission of Interfaith Community Services. This position works collaboratively with partner agencies to provide community based services that achieve results.
• Serves as a continuing monitor for the identification of client needs and offers guidance to the development, implementation, evaluation and expansion of all sheltering services
• Provides operational statistics for the department and ensures timely and accurate data capture
• Serves as Interfaith’s liaison with other service providers, both public and private; acts as an ambassador of Interfaith to the community, government agencies and others
• Ensures compliance with program goals/objectives and reporting pursuant to grants and contracts for departmental programs; helps develop metrics for program accountability and success
• Assists the Grants Department in the identification of public and private grants
• Assumes responsibility for grant writing activities in the department
• Oversees preparation of annual program budgets; responsible for fiscal management of budgets through the fiscal year
• Attends Senior Management Team, Director’s meetings, and other agency meetings as assigned
• Conducts regular departmental meetings
• Researches and analyzes best practices and community needs to determine program directions and goals as needed
• Monitors all staff job performance, completes evaluations, ensures on-going staff training and development, and participates in the hiring of staff for department
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Short-Term Housing to lead the Point and Time count for Interfaith Community Services.
• All other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will be responsible for supervising staff within the department and programs. S/he provides daily supervision of tasks as well as direction and leadership to the team. S/he is responsible for making hiring and firing decisions, conducting performance evaluations, and identifying and promoting professional development opportunities. Identifies areas where volunteers are needed, and works with the Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting new volunteers to help further its capacity to serve clients.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
• Master’s Degree in Social Services or related field required
• Licensed clinician preferred (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)
• 5+ years of clinical and/or administrative level experience required
By joining our team, you'll work with amazing people serving those in-need of a hand-up in our community. Benefits include:
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off - Three weeks to start!
Paid Holidays - 13 scheduled
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Bereavement Leave
Work Anniversary Bonus
Healthy Rewards Program
Life Assistance Plan
Financial Assistance Program
Flexible Work Schedules
Business Casual Work Environment
Professional Growth and Career Development Opportunities
Interfaith is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, nationality, sex, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Interfaith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.