Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside's (BGCO) Director of Operations is responsible to oversee Multi-unit Club operations and programs with primary concern for grants/grant reporting and budget management, outcome measures, program development and implementation; staff development; supervision of assigned staff; facilities; vehicles/transportation.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership and direction to ensure the successful operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the organization’s mission, principles, and values.
- In keeping with the Formula for Impact objectives oversees the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, services and activities that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure programs, services and activities have clear goals and outcomes.
- Ensure effective data collection, management, and analysis.
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent approaches to member behavior management, child safety and security practices across multiple sites.
- Foster a culture of academic excellence
- Seek and implement innovative initiatives into the after school program
- Collaborate and implement academic planning and policies
- Supervise and evaluate Site Directors, Assistant Site Directors and Academic Specialists in gathering and analyzing data on student achievement
- Design and implement a wide range of instructional activities, materials, programs, services and strategies to support after school program.
- Conduct site visits to assist with academics and set-up, providing written feedback of both strengths and areas of need
- As needed, gather and present data and materials that inform the strategic planning process.
- Ensure and oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities for improvement and advancement, and ensure implementation of related plans.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, providing support and assistance as needed.
- Assist in the research to identify new gov’t, corporate, foundations and private funding proposals.
- Assist in developing and writing proposals, persuasively communicating organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assist in assembling and submitting grant requests, including supporting documents.
- Work closely with Chief Development Officer, Grant Coordinator and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals, as well as implementing of current grants
- Coordinate with Chief Development Officer all grant processes (training, supervision, evaluations, documentation etc) for the purpose of compliance with the funder guidelines.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports.
- Assist in coordination of agency annual operational budget development;
- Monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Manage assigned administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, and other facilities.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of staff development and trainings.
- Ensure the organization meets government, legal and licensing requirements.
- Support annual resource development plan that includes funding from a variety of sources through a variety of fund raising techniques.
- Guide staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
Program and Partnership Development
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
- Support Board Committees, as assigned.
- Ensure the development of community, agency, and government partnerships that advance the agency’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Ensure the visibility of club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations.
- Assist the administration by overseeing program operations at each location; ensure the completion of required reports; and preparation of any required interagency reports.
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to aid in development activities as needed.
- Work with the Finance/Human Resources Director to manage programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit or local education agency, with a minimum of three years in a senior- leadership capacity; or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners and partnering with COO, CEO and Board of Directors.
- Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing a non-profit organization; and resource development activities and sources of funding
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups and other related agencies
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.