Position Title: Director of Parenting and Youth Services
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401 (k) plan, medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, life insurance and a generous holiday schedule.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego has a duty to provide and maintain a workplace that safeguards the health of our employees and their families, our guests, our volunteers, and the community from the COVID-19 virus. To help prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, JFS requires that all its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We make accommodations for eligible medical and religious exemptions, which can be discussed upon hire.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is looking for a dynamic, mission-driven leader to join the Family & Community Services (FCS) Division as the Director of Parenting and Youth Services. If you are passionate about leading a team to support parents and caregivers with young children – this role is for you!
The Director of Parenting and Youth Services is responsible for implementing and growing three core programs: the Positive Parenting Program (PPP), Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP), and the Children’s Hub. The Director ensures program objectives are met or exceeded, leads a high functioning team, is very strong in grant and contract management, and has solid fiscal management skills. This position reports to the Senior Director of Family and Community Services and collaborates with three other program Directors in the division. The ideal candidate has experience in managing and developing teams, seeks opportunities to collaborate with community to grow program impact, and has solid experience in the parenting/caregiving sector.
- Provide overall vision, leadership, and coordination of the Positive Parenting Program, Adolescent Family Life Program, and Children’s Hub
- Plan, implement, administer and manage program services in accordance with JFS’ strategic plan and contractual (Federal/State/County) compliance
- Hire, supervise and retain qualified departmental staff with an emphasis on team cohesion and career growth, department includes ~20 staff, including 5 direct reports
- Develop and monitor program and department budgets, track expenditures, project budget variances, propose solutions to address variances, and prepare invoices in compliance with contracts
- Grow community partnerships to expand program impact and leverage resources, to support programmatic success
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments including other program departments, People & Culture, Finance, and Technology Services
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/abilities that are a must-have:
- Master’s degree in human services/social work or equivalent, along with a current California license (or license eligible) including LPCC, or LCSW or LMFT, and a minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in non-profit/human/social services sector, managing and administering programs.
- A genuine passion to positively impact the lives of children and families, that recognizes concepts, theories, and models such as positive youth development, motivational interviewing, resiliency frameworks, trauma-informed care, and client-centered approaches
- Experience in working with diverse racial and ethnic populations, able to engage with people from diverse backgrounds, comfortable in an environment where languages other than English are spoken
- Excellent communication and organizational skills combined with being a self-starter and solution oriented
- Experience keeping information confidential
- A desire to have fun and laugh while working hard
- Values the JFS mission to build a stronger, healthier and more resilient San Diego.
Skills/abilities we’d like you to have:
- Fluency in English, bilingual (Spanish, Arabic, Tagalog, or Vietnamese) preferred, and core experience in working/engaging with communities from multiple nations/cultures/ethnic groups
- Triple P America Accreditation
- Technologically savvy, highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided). This is primarily an in-office position.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often lifesaving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.