March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Donor Development Manager II supports the Associate Director, Executive Director/ Director of Donor Development positioning March of Dimes as a leader in maternal and child health care in the respective market as well as establishing effective partnerships and collaborations with corporations, foundations, community/corporate leaders, government officials, other community organizations/nonprofits and supporters.
The Donor Development Manager II is responsible for cultivating, growing and managing a portfolio of donors. This position will utilize constituent relationship management systems to facilitate managing their revenue streams through analytical reporting to evaluate and implement individualized strategic plans. This position is responsible for developing/stewarding donor relationships, and mobilizing supporters in a manner that drives mission impact, increases overall revenue growth. The Donor Development Manager II collaborates to execute event core tactics through leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of volunteers.
The Donor Development Manager II is responsible for cultivating, growing and managing a portfolio of donors. This position will utilize constituent relationship management systems to facilitate managing their revenue streams through analytical reporting to evaluate and implement individualized strategic plans. This position is responsible for developing/stewarding donor relationships, and mobilizing supporters in a manner that drives mission impact, increases overall revenue growth.
This position will report to the Associate Director, Executive Director or Director of Donor Development, sharing successes and problem solving to ensure success in the market. They are responsible for ensuring revenue goal achievement through developing/stewarding donor/prospect relationships, identifying and securing market volunteer leadership, and generating/closing leads for mission investment products.
Mission Leadership and Impact
- Places Mission Impact at the forefront of all work
- Translate mission and advocacy in a manner that demonstrates impact; identifying supporter philanthropic interest
- Leverages Mission Impact Opportunities to engage supporters and drives expansion/implementation of mission programs, in a manner that achieves revenue growth and measurable mission impact strategies
- Demonstrate mission knowledge by communicating our work in a manner that delivers impact, leverages support and results in new mission investment opportunities
- Demonstrate leadership that mobilizes volunteers, increases corporate relationships and meets market fundraising goals while positioning March of Dimes as a leader in maternal and child health care in his/her respective market
Diversified Revenue Portfolio
- Maintain and grow a donor revenue portfolio by moving donors through the donor continuum and continually adding new prospects
- Increase local revenue by identifying appropriate corporate partners and developing alliances that accelerate the development of strategic partnerships that drive March of Dimes mission impact and mobilizes supporters. Revenue portfolio should meet or exceed $450,000 across all campaigns, major/individual giving, and mission investment opportunities
- Identify diversified revenue opportunities that align with the mission goals of the donor
- Maintain a year-round revenue pipeline that results in newly secured revenue for market events, mission investment revenue streams, major and mid-level gifts, and planned giving
- Identify, recruit and lead volunteer leadership in a manner that results in increased overall market revenue growth
- Increase market revenue by researching and analyzing revenue growth opportunities, identifying appropriate partners and developing alliances that accelerate the development of strategic partnerships that drive March of Dimes mission impact and mobilizes supporters
- Ensure event(s) core tactics are executed ensuring best-in-class fundraising events that drive impact, acquire new supporters/donors and increase revenue
- Provide a tailored experience for donors throughout the year and create mission lead activations for all donors in stewardship plans
- Provide activation and stewardship opportunities throughout the year for family teams
- Ensure data integrity of CRM by updating information daily
- Collaborate with market leadership to identify, recruit, and steward qualified volunteer leaders that support impact, movement, growth and performance goals
- Engage volunteers and advocates year-round in meaningful engagement opportunities within our mission impact, fundraising and advocacy priorities
- Utilizes the Volunteer Hub to engage and inform volunteers
- Qualify and activate candidates for volunteer roles for all event committees for assigned events, including: Greater Birmingham March for Babies and Birmingham Signature Chefs Auction
- Proven success in cultivating and securing major and planned gifts
- Proven success in cultivating and securing corporate partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships across a variety of sectors, communities, and levels to ensure mission alignment and reach.
- Proven success in recruiting and retaining high-level volunteer leaders and board members
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and execute successful events
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).