HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
This position specializes in a variety of fundraising and custom donor/member stewardship experiences, events and activities for SDZWA, both at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, and at offsite and regional locations. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy Events and Donor Engagement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Cultivates and stewards SDZWA donors ($25K to multi-million level) through highly customized experiences and tour activities, resulting in elevated revenue impact to SDZWA
- Determines event sites and creates event staffing plans, and all related logistics, directs staff and volunteers at events
- Develops experience and event plans and coordinates logistics with other departments, outside vendors, and civic authorities/departments as needed, e.g. health department, ABC, SDPD, etc.
- Solicits donations and sponsorships, providing significant funding for SDZWA
- Manages SDZWA donor ambassador groups, comprised of major donors and influential community members
- Contracts and negotiates with outside vendors for event services, negotiating best prices
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is seeking an individual who is inspired to be a part of an organization that is committed to protecting wildlife around the globe. The ideal candidate with have at least four years experiences in event planning and fundraising. Must have experience with coordinating fundraising events while working with major donors, community groups, committees and volunteers. Be familiar with Raiser’s Edge, Reserve, Social Tables, Eventbrite, Zoom and Go To Webinar. Previous Development experience within non-profits preferred and donation solicitation and coordination experience desirable, valid California driver license in good standing
- At least four years experience in event planning and fundraising; experience with coordinating fundraising events; Raisers Edge, Reserve, Social Tables, Eventbrite, Zoom and Go To Webinar a plus; experience working with major donors, community groups, committees and volunteers;
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree Hospitality
- Valid California Driver License Upon Hire
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of:
- Donation solicitation and coordination experience desirable
- Ability to:
- Take the lead on fundraising experiences and programs and ability to work and make decisions on your own
- Solicit donations and sponsorships
- Work well with donors, Board members and volunteers
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Work well with others in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Effectively organize with attention to detail, learn new processes quickly, adapt easily to changes, handle a variety of technology/software platforms, and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Use word processing, spreadsheets and databases (Windows, Word and Excel), Power Point, virtual software platforms
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego Zoo - Philanthropy
- Duration: Year round
- Non-Union position: hourly rate will be commensurate with experience
- Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted.
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFYSAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
SDZWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SDZWA will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ethnicity, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, marital status, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.