Cygnet Theatre is looking for a dynamic and motivated Donor Relations Associate with the ability to establish and build strong, meaningful relationships with donors to help them accomplish their philanthropic goals. The Donor Relations Associate reports to the Development Director and serves as the primary contact for donors under $5,000.
The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for developing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
The Development Officer will be responsible for all aspects of managing and growing a portfolio of approximately 100 mid-to-major level donors with the goal of moving donors to higher levels of engagement and commitment.
- Create moves management tracking system.
- Develop, execute and track individual plans to cultivate and solicit each donor/prospect in the portfolio based on the individual’s history of giving and knowledge of their potential and interests.
- Research and qualify prospective donors.
- Keep current and prospective donors engaged through cultivation touches, regular communication, virtual and in-person meetings and small group events.
- Solicit first-time and upgraded gifts.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and benefits.
- Track and report on progress to goal.
- Assist with Development events including the annual Gala as needed.
- Work with the Development team to develop and implement new and creative ways to attract and engage a more diverse array of major donors and demonstrate the impact of their giving.
- Assist with ticket concierge and donor communications.
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization at external events and meetings, as needed.
- Prepare and write content for materials used to support direct mail campaigns, gift acknowledgement letters, etc. as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of three years fundraising experience.
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
- Experience establishing and building strong, long-term partnerships with donors. A proven record of securing visits with prospective donors, and soliciting, closing, and stewarding four and five-figure gifts. The most competitive candidates also will have proven experience converting new donors/prospects into major donors.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to connect with people from different backgrounds, build relationships across differences, and navigate and resolve conflict in a manner that values and respects relationships.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability to articulate program and project information, tailoring messages to the interests of donors.
- Adhere to all organization policies and procedures.
Note: This position will require occasional availability on evenings and/or weekends.
Compensation: Full-time position. Salary range $60,000 to 65,000 based on experience. Benefits and 401K included.
To join our team – send a resume, writing sample and a cover letter to Development Director Marinda Peugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cygnet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
About Cygnet Theatre: Founded in 2003, Cygnet Theatre is a leading regional company and one of San Diego’s cultural icons. Each year, Cygnet Theatre creates an eclectic mix of 6 or 7 main stage productions, from classics to world premieres to Broadway-style musicals. On stage and off, Cygnet Theatre is dedicated to bringing the best performances to San Diego. Beyond its work on the stage, Cygnet provides educational and outreach programs to youth, emerging artists and Military communities around San Diego County.
Mission: Believing in the power of theatre to startle the soul, ignite debate and embrace the diversity of the community in which it serves, Cygnet Theatre Company is fearlessly committed to the dissection, examination and celebration of the human story through the medium of live theatre.