The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Manager responsibilities include crafting fair company policies, implementing inclusion programs and applying objective hiring procedures. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in HR and knowledge of human rights legislation.
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Manager (EDI Manager) is responsible for cultivating a culture which provides a supportive and inclusive work environment for all of our employees by developing and delivering educational programs, as well as policy and practice changes, to promote and sustain diversity, inclusion, equity and respect throughout all aspects of SAY San Diego’s culture and programs. The EDI Manager will, on occasion report to the SAY San Diego management team and board.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enable, support and facilitate the work of a staff leadership committee or EDI Council, to advance a key strategic priority
- Ensure equity, diversity and inclusion actions are visible and broadly inclusive to produce structural anti-racist changes, within SAY San Diego and across our spheres of influence, and the systems and communities where we work by reviewing and crafting policies, implementing inclusion programs and trainings
- Train hiring managers and HR staff on how to select, manage, evaluate and retain diverse employees and review our selection criteria to verify they’re objective and strictly job-related
- In close coordination with managers and directors responsible for supervision, develop and implement an ongoing coaching process aimed at enhancing EDI practices in all aspects of supervision, staff development, recruitment, hiring and retention.
- Revise and update all communication on our website, social media pages, job descriptions and internal documents to ensure we use non-discriminatory language
- Measure and forecast diversity metrics
- Assist and coordinate with the HR Director on matters of compliance.
- Create a process to vet and onboard members of the Council, representative of the SAY San Diego workforce and the communities we serve, as a whole
- Work closely with Council members to define the scope of work (separate from any whistleblower, grievance or formal HR processes)
- Develop an action plan, including timelines, decision-making guidelines and measures of success, and gain approvals for these recommendations
- Help the Council to identify and enlist subject matter experts and training professionals to serve as resources for the larger action plan
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor's Degree from an appropriately accredited institution with at least four years of experience leading diversity programs
- Demonstrated years of experience working effectively with a culturally diverse workforce and provide leadership in organizational change
- Experience in consensus building and shared ownership of change management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of effective EDI practices, emerging resources and research, and how to tailor these to our environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit http://bit.ly/SAYcareers which is our SAY Career Center to create a profile and submit your application online. Please apply to Requisition ID# 1304. (NO PHONE CALLS AND EMAILED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)