Title: Events & Fundraisers Manager
Classification: Full Time, Hourly
Reports to: Executive Director, Director of Development
Latest Update: 9-21-21
The FACE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our mission is to enhance and preserve the quality of life of animals by providing access to necessary medical care and education.
FACE provides financial assistance for pet owners who cannot afford the cost of their pet’s emergency care. Our mission is accomplished in the form of providing grants to qualified pet owners who meet the criteria of FACE.
Under supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Development, this position assists with a variety of services including but not limited to: events management, Wag N Purr online store management (www.wagnpurrshop.org), volunteer management, and other fundraising programs management.
Professionalism, excellent writing skills, great interpersonal skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel are a requirements. An ideal candidate will be well-organized with the ability to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Working FACE’s fundraising events is mandatory.
*This position requires that the employee be present in FACE’s office or at appropriate events / locations as assigned to complete assigned tasks. There is no direct animal contact/handling. This position is not eligible for full work from home.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week).
Benefits: medical insurance, paid sick time, pet insurance, paid holidays and paid vacation time starting at two weeks per year
- Plan, manage and execute FACE events, including FACE’s annual spring fundraiser, annual Golf Tournament, volunteer appreciation events, annual holiday dinner, and third-party community events, utilizing event software as needed. Lead event day troubleshooting and operations.
- Solicit and confirm Gift-in-Kind donations for auctions and opportunity drawings. Manage event inventory including auction items, raffle items, and supplies. Facilitate the delivery of these items as needed.
- Assist with event sponsorships
- Recruit, train and manage event volunteers.
- Work effectively with E.D., FACE’s Board members, and Event Committees as needed. Assist with any other event related tasks as needed.
Wag N Purr Online Store
- Manage Wag N Purr online store operations, including inventory, product listings, sales, donation solicitations, customer service and shipping
- Effectively work with Wag Committee members to increase the store’s profitability
- Manage FACE’s volunteer program, engaging with individuals on projects meaningful to them
- Manage FACE’s Closets for a Cause Program
- Assist the Animal Grant Coordinators with applications for assistance as needed.
- Screen potential animal grant cases and effectively communicate with callers maintaining a professional, positive attitude to compassionately guide them through the application process. Cases are time sensitive and should take priority over all other duties as needed.
- In between events, the Events Manager will be fourth in line to pick up the phone (Animal Grants Manager, Animal Grants Assistant, Gifts Manager, Events Manager, Communications Manager, Director of Development, E.D.). Nearing event time, the Events Manager will be fifth in line (Animal Grants Manager, Animal Grants Assistant, Gifts Manager, Communications Manager, Events Manager, Director of Development, E.D.). This timeline will be directed by the E.D.
- Work FACE’s vendor info booth at other events around town with volunteers.
- Assist co-workers with questions relating to events and volunteers as needed.
- Attend monthly Team Meetings with prepared updates on personal work to share with team. Give undivided attention to other team members as they share their updates.
- Answer all emails in a timely manner.
- Other duties as needed.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to sit and work with a desk-top and/or lap-top computer.
- Ability to set up and clean up event supplies.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years experience in a related field.
- Experience soliciting donations strongly preferred.
- Experience with Shopify or online store platform preferred.
- Experience with event management software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Must support the Mission of the foundation and have a passion for animal welfare.
- A successful candidate will be able to display patience and compassion when communicating with pet owners who are experiencing a crisis.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow through on projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with only general supervision, use discretion and independent thinking.
- Ability to work on weekends occasionally (event days).
- Positive attitude is a must!
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Executive Director, Board of Directors, donors, all callers, colleagues and outside organizations.
- Ability to work well with a small team and independently.
- Open attitude to questions, input and requests for help from team members.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and privacy of donors and FACE applicants, and any sensitive matters related to FACE.
The FACE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to listen to, learn from, and amplify the voices of those who have not had a seat at the table to improve our organization and our sector. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Notice to Applicants: FACE Foundation, in an effort to maintain a safe workplace, has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy (the “Policy”). The Policy is available to an applicant upon request. If you have any questions related to the Mandatory Vaccination Policy, please direct them to Danae Davis. FACE Foundation will provide all reasonable accommodations as required by law and requesting an accommodation at the application phase will not impact FACE Foundation’s evaluation of an applicant. FACE Foundation will not discriminate against any applicant based on a request for an accommodation, or any other legally-protected activity or characteristic.
Interested applicants can send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by 10/8/2021. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every qualification.