Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Events Manager is an integral member of Jewish Family Service’s dynamic Advancement Team, which works to raise the funds needed to meet the needs of more than 40,000 clients who receive life-changing services from JFS each year. JFS is committed to helping individuals and families in crisis move forward, while developing innovative strategies to break cycles of poverty and strengthen our San Diego community. JFS provides critical food assistance, meal delivery, support for seniors, safe spaces for people living our of their vehicles, employment services, and counseling.
The Events Manager reports to the Senior Director of Philanthropy and is responsible for helping shape the strategic vision and implementing the required tactics to plan and execute all of the events that support the Advancement department. These events range from monthly donor briefings and CEO Roundtables to planned giving seminars to JFS’s widely popular Signature Events.
- Work with leadership to conceptualize meaningful, impactful live events for JFS growing donor base
- Create, manage, and execute workplan for all events
- Meet with vendors to learn of new ways to improve events
- Review and track vendor contracts
- Manage events, working with staff and volunteers to ensure day-of success
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) using the Raiser’s Edge database
- Maintain regular and effective communication with leadership and staff
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required
- Experience planning and leading in-person events
- Experience managing event staff and vendor communications
- Have demonstrated knowledge of fundraising with a focus on donor relationships
- Have prior supervisory experience who is a self-starter, pays attention to details, and follows through
- Be able to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- MS Office proficiency and experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar customer relationship management software
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.