About the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center
Formerly known as The United States Olympic Training Center, The Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center (CVEATC) launched on Jan. 1, 2017 under new ownership and operation. Ownership of the Training Center was transferred to the City of Chula Vista from the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC). Point Loma Trust was selected by the City of Chula Vista to operate the training center. Point Loma Trust has established Elite Athlete Services as the effective organization for day-to-day operations.
The Events, Operations and Media Intern will assist in Guest Services and Digital Marketing. A top responsibility is to ensure that all guests and athletes have an outstanding experience at the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Center. This is a fast-paced internship, hands on, and will be interacting with athletes and guests.
- Assist Guest Services department with athletes, guests and provide excellent customer experience.
- Assist in the Brand Ambassador Program
- Support the logistics and execution of private events, including corporate meetings, private events, special sporting events (i.e., college rowing, U.S. Soccer, rugby, soccer clinics, BMX, etc.),
- Assist in digital media, social media and current marketing trends.
- Assist in the development of social media content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the guest services team.
- Complete a Data Research Project
- Attend department meetings to learn about the processes used to organize an event.
- Responsible for performing all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulations, and special safety concerns.
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Must be college credit eligible
- Interest and experience in competitive sports preferred.
- Passion for the digital space and a deep understanding of digital trends.
- Knowledge about social media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Must be able to participate early mornings, evenings, weekends, and Holiday’s to fulfill client program needs
- This is an unpaid internship. However, all interns will receive a mileage reimbursement stipend.
- This Internship is seasonal.
- Work remotely: This internship requires 4 days per week, some days are in person at our office: 2800 Olympic Parkway, Chula Vista, CA 91915
Elite Athlete Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All positions are contingent on pre-employment background check.