Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Assistant – Temporary
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Temporary (July 2021-January 2022), 20-25 hours per week, non-exempt
Pay Rate: $18-21, DOE
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant plays a key roll in assisting the rest of the team keeping the facility looking clean and pristine, as well as provides back of the house support to all programs. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to take direction, as well as initiative, regarding general building maintenance, safety and security. The Facilities Maintenance Assistant will act as an extra set of eyes in performing daily inspections of the site, as well as be expected to interact with exemplary customer skills to campus guests, staff, and clients.
- Daily monitoring of meeting rooms and event set ups, including creating and displaying the appropriate signage
- Maintain sanitizing, disinfecting, cleaning procedures and follow social distancing protocols in response to COVID-19
- Ensure staff lounge, kitchen nooks, production areas are organized and well stocked
- Perform or assist with minor preventative maintenance on campus (Ex: cleaning air vents, replacing filters, changing out air deodorizers, power washing, etc.)
- Perform general maintenance of the following as required: minor plumbing and electrical, painting, drywall repair, ceiling tiles, flooring, etc.
- Respond to and prioritize facility requests from staff via Help Desk Ticket software in a timely manner (Ex: hanging white boards, installing keyboard trays, moving office furniture, etc.)
- General grounds keeping maintenance (sweeping walkways, empty trash cans, window washing, wiping tables, etc.)
- Accept and receive deliveries/donations and distribute to appropriate parties
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight
- Perform other similar duties or projects as assigned and requested
- The ability to stand, walk, lift, twist, and bend on a frequent basis, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to operate vehicles, tools, and equipment necessary to complete assignments
Skills/Abilities that are a MUST-HAVE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years of building maintenance experience, including general repairs
- A valid California driver’s license
- Knowledge of basic hand/power tools and their safety procedures
- Basic computer skills; able to navigate and utilize Microsoft Word and Outlook 360
- Team player with a great attitude, excellent customer service skills, effective communication skills, and efficient decision-making skills
Skills/Abilities that are a PLUS:
- Experience with building security and emergency preparedness
- Certifications or educational degree as relevant to the position
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter, and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.