Job Title: Facilities Specialist
Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Reports to: Director, Horse of the Sun Ranch
Responsible for general upkeep of the ranch facilities including miscellaneous repairs, landscape and hardscape projects, maintaining arena and round pen footing, and other projects as assigned. Able to substitute when needed in the daily care, feeding and cleaning of equine and farm animal population at the ranch. Duties to be conducted at all times in a manner consistent with the mission, values and policies of Horse of the Sun Ranch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pen and stall cleaning
- Equipment operations
- Able to substitute in the care, feeding and cleaning of the equine and farm animal population at the ranch.
- Support community relationships to the benefit of the mission and success of Horse of the Sun Ranch.
- Where necessary, assist in the recruiting training and supervision of volunteers to support program implementation.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Model the core values of the Horse of the Sun.
- Assigned staff and volunteers
- All other duties that may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven general knowledge of construction and site maintenance, including gardening, landscaping, weed whacking, plumbing, irrigation and drainage, and fencing
- Able to operate construction and ranch maintenance equipment including tractor, Gator, EZ Go golf cart, and various other construction and landscaping power equipment
- Visual and auditory ability to respond in critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in the event of an emergency.
- Excellent initiative and enthusiasm with the ability to both work independently and collaboratively.
- Professional demeanor, strong verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers.
- Project a positive public image for Horse of the Sun Ranch.
Tools and Equipment Used
Equipment used: Tractor, Gator, EZ Go Cart, and job related power and garden tools
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical DemandsSitting X Kneeling X Carrying X Standing X Distant Vision X Climbing ladders Walking X Lifting X Reaching X Pushing X Pulling X Manual Dexterity X Close vision X Bending X Hearing X Speaking X Climbing Stairs X Keyboard X Other: Advanced Riding Ability
Exposure to the following:Noise X Heat X Water X Fumes X Dirt X Dust X Extreme Weather X Chemicals/Meds X Other: