Nile Sisters Development Initiative (NSDI), a non-profit public charitable organization, is seeking a full-time Faculty Instructor for LearnMore Nurse Assistant Training Program (NATP). Reporting to the Registered Nurse Program Director (RNPD), the Faculty Instructor provides orientation and training to students and provides other assistive functions at the school and assigned clinical training sites.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Below functions are not exhaustive and may be altered by Leadership to the extent it aligns with the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for recruitment/enrollment of students for classes
- Responsible for complying with CDPH CCR Title 22.
- Responsible for implementing classroom and clinical instruction according to state-approved curriculum.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting classroom instruction, clinical training, and related activities.
- Responsible for assessing and identifying students' instructional needs in LearnMore and helping to address the needs.
- Responsible for conducting classroom and clinical activities in accordance with approved LearnMore requirements.
- Responsible for practicing excellence in teaching and instruction, including but not limited to, instructional counseling, clinical training, and academic advising.
- Responsible for completing student records in a timely manner during and at the completion of the training.
- Responsible for identifying students’ needs for education and instruction, together with the RNPD.
- Responsible for completing daily theory training and clinical training attendance forms.
- Responsible for administering and grading student quizzes and tests.
- Responsible for identifying students whose work performance does not conform to the Policies and Procedures Manual and for reporting these occurrences to the RNPD.
- Responsible for ensuring that students meet the requirements of each clinical training site agreement.
- Responsible for monitoring students’ performance and providing immediate supervision of students in clinical training while they demonstrate clinical skills.
- Responsible for no other clinical responsibilities while supervising students in clinical training.
- Responsible for evaluating students and recording grades on appropriate forms.
- Providing for the health and safety of students.
- Responsible for informing students about knowledge and skills evaluation procedures and course completion requirements.
- Conducting a review session that helps prepare students for their state competency evaluation.
- Responsible for conducting courses in a manner consistent with course design.
- Responsible for adhering to LearnMore Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for providing supervision of NATP in the short-term absence of the RNPD.
- Responsible for attending clinical training site orientations and serving as a liaison between the site and the RNPD.
- Responsible for performing other duties when not in the classroom or at clinical training sites with students, as may be assigned by the RNPD.
- Responsible for other functions and special programs assigned by RNPD.
REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
- A licensed vocational nurse (LVN) with a director of staff development (DSD) certificate and meet requirements stated in CCR Title.
- Possess a valid and current Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
- Have two years' full-time nursing experience working with patients, with a minimum of one-year experience as a licensed vocational nurse providing direct patient care in a nursing facility or long-term care facility.
- Have previous teaching experience in a nursing-related field.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Approved by the CDPH before teaching any NATP class.
WORKING CONDITIONS, JOB SETTING, and COMPENSATION
- Full-time, Non-exempt position.
- Flexible work environment - work will be performed in school, and clinical settings and NSDI headquarters, as well as in an office setting, and requires the use of electronic equipment, including computer, telephone, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule, including scheduled evenings and weekends, as required by the school schedule.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal and telephone communication. Ability to sit for long periods, standing, computer entry, walking, repeated bending, lifting, and carrying up to 20 lbs., reaching
- NSDI promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety training for all personnel as required
- Paid holidays after 6 months of employment; room to advance in the organization.
Please apply to the job posting only. No phone calls or fax submission. We currently do not need the assistance of staffing agencies.
APPLY HERE: https://nilesisters.applytojob.com/apply/Mj6lR0d03F/Faculty-Instructor-LVN